Saturday, May 23, 2015

Coffee, Rain and God

My daughter was doing her silver sections in her Awana book this evening.  As she quoted verse after verse, I couldn't help but think...what nuggets of gold in the Word of God!  

I think of it as a comfort like watching the rain fall outside the window while sipping on a cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer.  That just can't help but feel like a warm hug!


And that is how the Word of God is.  You know, as a pastor's wife, I often see people struggle with life.  Health.  Relationships.  Finances.  Poor decisions.  Wayward children.  

And I see them reach out...trying to find comfort in a person, alcohol, drugs, food, other relationships. And it doesn't work.  
I want to say - Read the Words of God.  They will be a comfort to you!  

Sometimes, when I can't sleep, my husband suggests - Turn on the Bible and just fall asleep listening to God's Word.

Are you worried?  Fearful?  Angry?  Bitter?  
Let the Word of God wash down on you...like the falling rain...and comfort you.  
(A cup of coffee always is good too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment