Monday, May 11, 2015

My Week


Last week was a pretty crazy week!  Busy and busy!
We started off Monday being the last day of school for Summer, Sierra and Autumn.  Nine-weeks exams, grading...
Calls for an extra cup of coffee and some pie. :)



Tuesday morning, I decided to get a jump start on the day so I cleaned the church from 6-8:45am.  Sometimes you just have to utilize the time you do have better...and that was one of those days!  That gave me a good start to the morning.  It was then the last day of school for Addie.
More grading.  Box up the last set of DVD's to mail.  Piano lessons.  Wal-Mart run for luncheon supplies.  Abeka display at the Holiday Inn to order books for next school year.  I was able to save 25% which equaled $100!  Yay!
Back home to leave again for softball - Addie went with Sierra to practice and I took Autumn to her game.  After the game, off to work from 8-8.



Little things like a favorite magazine or a frapp from friends (Thank you Shaun and Shannon!) makes a long week a little easier. :)


Wednesday was the first "official" day of no school.  Guess what we did - Chore Charts!  LOL!  I find that every summer - I am able to add more and more on to the girls' responsibilities making mine less.  Nice!  
Wednesdays are busy with meetings, Awana and such.  We don't do softball on Wednesdays but I was scheduled for snacks so we ran that down to the field.

Thursday, Miss Jeanne met me at 11am and we spent a couple hours preparing and decorating for the Mothers and Others Luncheon.  I appreciated her help so much!
The weather started turning crazy so Sierra's practice was cancelled.  Autumn still had practice so I took her while my husband had meetings at the church.  Then off to work 8-8.


Friday we spent doing last minute preparations for the Mothers and Others Luncheon.  Shopping, making copies, filling candle holders.
Then we went as a family to Steak and Shake for our end of the school year celebration meal.  :)
We officially have a K-5, 3rd, 5th and 7th grader!
Looking forward to a new school year in August - going on our 8th year with Abeka Academy.

Ready to go for Saturday!


Then it was off for team softball photos.  It was a beautiful day and then the weather turned.  A big storm came up and they ended up having to cancel the rest of the teams in line.
After photos, we had our big cake auction.


Then off to work again!  Thankfully, this was my last week working three -12 hours shifts.  I am now on two-12 hour shifts a week.


Saturday was our Mothers and Others Luncheon for our church.  Thank you to all the ladies who came!


I think Addie and Autumn planned to match but I managed to match them unknowingly!  LOL!  Now it is a thing in our house to borrow Mommy's scarves. :)
Sierra had a game so she wasn't able to attend.   Daddy had softball duty.


After the luncheon and cleaning up, Summer and I did a Wal-Mart run to get some things for Mother's Day at the church Sunday.  Then home to prepare for Sunday.

Sunday was a beautiful day.  Jenny and Becca were out of town so I was on music duty-playing the piano and attendance duty.  Ladies, I missed you!  I told my husband I felt yesterday like the first days of our ministry.  :)
The girls and I sang the special with Josh playing his guitar.  My husband preached a great sermon on stress.


Summer made me this cute jar in Miss Lisa's class.  Thank you, Lisa!


Melanie and her sweet daughters gave me this white rose! :)


For lunch, we went to Red Lobster...3 gift cards later!  LOL!  We rarely take the girls out to restaurants so this was a special treat for them.  




On the way home, I finally made it to Happy Hour on the last day of the special 1/2 off frapps!  LOL!  Again, another gift card. Ha!


Someone gave me an extra money gift so I was able to get this neat chain and charms - to remember my girls' softball days. :)

Then it was water the lawn and garden, a quick mile run and back to evening church.
After church, my girls and hubby made dinner - homemade pizza.  Yum!  We need to have Mother's Day every day! :)


I am looking forward a much calmer week this week.  I hope you have a great week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment