Monday, May 4, 2015

My Week


The last Saturday in April, we woke up to this!  The temperature had dropped enough to get snow. Living in a higher elevation, not unusual.  This was the day of our Community Outreach.  We go in certain surrounding neighborhoods and put postcards on homes inviting them to our church.  


Summer was my partner and she did not want me to do the doors so I had to stay on the sidewalk while she went up.  LOL!

We had a wonderful turnout of church folks - thank you to everyone involved!  Also, thank you to Bro. Chuck and Mrs. Jeanne for buying Doughboy Donuts for everyone - amazing!  I love when people go the extra mile - just because.

Because of the snow and wet field conditions, softball games and practices were cancelled that day.

So we went to lunch with Josh and Jenny to the Chinese buffet.

The girls all tried something new there.  Summer and Addie had mussels - yum!  Eric and I love mussels!!  Sierra had crab.  OK...it is imitation crab - LOL - but for her that was good!  And Autumn was the most adventurous with octopus!  I'm not sure I would have even tried that.  Ha!  

Then it was a stop at Wal-Mart for a few things and home to get ready for Sunday.  Nice to be home again - in our home. :)  

Sunday, I had volunteered to provide breakfast for my husband's Connection Class - Foundations 101.  Since I had no kitchen, I did fresh fruit and bagels.


For lunch, Helen McCoy had provided a meal for our family.  Have I mentioned how wonderful that is?  Living in a hotel and spending the afternoon at church and being home but having no kitchen?  It has been a tremendous blessing!  Thank you, ladies!
She made a delicious crock pot of chili, huge cornbread muffins and brownies (with walnuts).  I love nuts in my desserts!  It was all yummy and we enjoyed it so much. 

Then it was off to church for singing practices, choir practice and working the Sunday night nursery.  


Monday morning, I concentrated on school.  Grading, taking quizzes and tests.  My husband left at noon to work at Sportsman's.  



Monday and Tuesday, they were working and by Tuesday afternoon, they had gotten the cabinets installed.  Yay!
Piano lessons with Miss Jenny at 1pm.  Softball game for Sierra at 6pm.


Work on Tuesday night.  I started a new client and my new hours are 8pm - 8am.  I came home and enjoyed coffee on the deck in the sunshine.  It was such a beautiful week weather-wise!

Wednesdays are busy with school and preparing for Awana that evening.  We have our staff meeting at 4pm with my husband and Awana at 6:30pm.

Thursday was school, organizing the church office with Jenny at 1:30pm, meet with my boss at the office at 5pm, softball game for Sierra at 6pm and back to work at 8pm.



More progress...dishwasher and microwave were installed! :)


Max enjoying the weather.  Yes, he carries that log around in his mouth and he is crazy!


Summer and I worked on her papers everyday on the deck.  She finished up all her papers for K-4 on Friday.  Working outside makes school a little more fun!


Friday morning, I got off work at 8, did one photo inspection job, had an appt. at 9 and then home.

I came home and found the bed made with this note.  :)  He had also installed the new towel bar in the bathroom - working on my honey-do list he asked me to make.  LOL!

Again the weather was so beautiful!  The girls and I planted green beans, pickling cucumbers, basil and oregano.


Our trees seemed to take so long to bud, I was afraid they were dead!  Thankfully, this week, they have beautiful bursts of green leaves. :)  


I finally made it to do couponing.  I did a deal at CVS and paid $1.24 for each of these four items. :)  My first box of dishwasher soap!  LOL!


After a trip to the library, Wal-Mart and CVS, I made grilled chicken breasts served with potato wedges from the deli and a salad mix.  MMM!


I took a nap and then a shower for work.  He had finished the countertops by Friday evening. :)


We are still having a few issues with the sink so we hope to have them fixed today.  

Friday night, back to work.  Saturday morning, we spent at the ball field for Autumn's game.  Just a gorgeous day to sit and watch softball!  After, I went to a jewelry party of a friend.  While I was gone, my husband, Josh and the girls moved back in our fridge from the kitchen to the garage and cleaned it all up!  That was a big surprise! :)  No more going to the garage every time.  LOL!  He also got the lawn mowed and hung my hallway curtains.

Then he was off for a guys night to watch the big boxing match.  Addie and I spent the rest of the night washing dishes and organizing them into the new cupboards.  We couldn't use the kitchen sink yet so we did it all in the bathroom sink so it was quite the job!  LOL!  We didn't get quite all the way done but we made good progress.  I was beat!


Sunday was a full day as always.  I enjoyed my ladies Connection Class as we had our lesson - "Child Rearing Traps to Avoid".  The ladies are a great group!
Then the morning service.  
Thank you to Miss Toni for providing our lunch - Chinese Chicken Salad.  It was delicious and we enjoyed it!  Sierra and Autumn went to a softball clinic from 1-3pm.  I made a Wal-Mart run and then made some homemade salsa for our fellowship that night.  Mmm - I love fresh salsa!


Not very much left!  LOL!

Then back for singing practice at 4pm, choir practice at 4:45pm, church at 6pm and then fellowship after.

This week is a very full week!  I hope you have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment