Thursday, May 7, 2015

Five Ways to "Feed" your Mind

Ever have an extremely busy week?  This week is proving to be so.  So much so that I sat down to write out my weekly schedule as I normally do...I couldn't do it.  My brain was too tired to handle it so I said...OK, let's just tackle tomorrow.  At least I need to do tomorrow.


One day at a time.  

There are some days I may be overly tired...the week has been exhausting...and that is the best time to give your mind food.  Yes, feed your mind.  What are some ways to do that and what is the benefit?  

Think of this example.  Moms, do you ever forget to eat?  You usually realize it when your body begins to get weak and you get irritated.  If you would feed your body and take care of it before it breaks down, you will be in much better shape.

So it is with the mind.  Feed your mind good things throughout the day.  It will keep you mentally strong and healthy.

1.  I listen to teaching often.  I can put in my earbuds and do housework - while feeding my mind good things.  Things that will inspire me, encourage me and motivate me.

2.  We listen to Christian music in the car.  "And he hath put a new song in my mouth..."  Watch, it will change the atmosphere around you!

3.  I pray.  When it is my week to clean the church building, I use that time to pray.  I pray for people, future goals, upcoming services.  When I am standing doing dishes, I pray for the church prayer list.

4.  I sing.  I often find myself on Mondays singing a song we sang in choir...the chorus of the month...or a song we sang in practice.  

5.  I think of things I am grateful for.  Feed your mind contentment.  Sure, we all have things that are not desirable in our lives.  Is the sun shining today?  Did you have a cool, refreshing rain shower?  Did you enjoy a home cooked meal around your table in your home with your family?  Do you have a job to go to today?  Do you have a friend that loves you?  There are so many things to be grateful for.  "But godliness with contentment is great gain."

Are you having a hard week?  Try feeding your mind with one of these ways today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment