Friday, May 15, 2015

Three Lessons from the Life of Noah

Noah.  Did you ever wonder what occupation he had before he was an ark builder?  The Bible doesn't say.  So all we can do is speculate.


I think that we can know the following from the life of Noah:

1.  When you are young, set plans and goals and then put them in motion.

When I was a teen girl, I wanted to be a pastor's wife.  I not only made the decision to go to Bible college - I worked and I did!  Young people, it is not enough to say something with your mouth.  That actually means nothing.  You have to take the steps to begin that journey.  Fill out the application.  Get a job.  Start a savings account.  Ask your pastor to make you accountable.
I went to college and earned my elementary education degree.  It was not until eleven years later that I actually became a pastor's wife.

I think Noah went on the path of whatever career or life he chose for himself.  We are not sure what that was.  The point is...he wasn't sitting around waiting for God to drop something in His lap.  And that won't happen to you either.  Put your plans in motion!

2.  When God did call him for the specific task of building the ark, he accepted.

You may think you have it all figured out - but God has a funny way of changing things up!  Don't buck His will for you.  You may think you can't do what He is giving you to do.  I am sure Noah felt that way!  You may have discouraging days.  Keep going!  At the end are rewards...a beautiful new world for Noah.
What is God bringing across your path that He wants you to accept?  

3.  You will NEVER be sorry when you choose God's journey!
I grew up in a pastor's home.  I chose the Christian life when I left home.  I chose the Christian life as a young married adult.  I still choose the Christian life today.
I have never regretted following the Lord.  When you choose to follow God's principles, the life that results is amazing!

What was the result from Noah choosing the journey God gave him?  He and his family got to start a whole new world.  That's pretty cool!

God is looking for someone to take HIS challenge?  Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment