Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Week

This week proved to be quite busy.  Monday, I cleaned the church after my husband left for work.  It is always nice to get that task accomplished!
We were scheduled to have a softball game that evening.  The coaches could not make it and the game had to be cancelled.


Tuesday, I made Beefy Nacho Soup.  MMM!  Soup just tastes so good on cool, rainy days.  You can find the recipe HERE. We had two softball games.  My husband took Sierra and I took Autumn.  Sonny took the girls home after the game and I went straight to work.  

Wednesday, I got off work at 8am.  I went straight to do a photo inspection job with 12 houses.  I then went to my husband's office to record my first radio spot.  My husband bought me a new USB microphone to use for this purpose - went and picked it up for me.  He had it all set up and it was so easy to use!  Thank you, honey!  If you would like to listen to my weekly challenge - it airs on Fridays @ 12:30pm CST  (10:30am Reno time) at Faith Music Radio.  I have it on an app on my phone and can listen with just a click of a button anytime, anywhere.  They have great Christian music and helpful and encouraging programming.


Wednesday for lunch, Papa Vern took my husband and I out to Hometown Cafe.  I ordered a garden burger - I am not sure what it was!  LOL!  It wasn't a hamburger but it still was good.  LOL!


And, more rain!


Just a few shots of beautiful Nevada!
Then it was off to our administrative meeting at 4pm and Awana at 6:30pm.
The girls got new Lego sets with the Awana bucks they earned...this was Wednesday night after Awana.  :)  They have worked hard this year.


Thursday was a full day.  I had 16 houses for a photo inspection job - totaling 28 for this week.  After uploading all the photos, I met Jenny at the church and we decorated for our Memorial Day service.  
I actually remembered to put dinner in the crock pot - LOL!  Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings - Yum!  You can find the recipe HERE.
Then as we were almost ready to leave for the softball game - it was cancelled due to weather.  


Friday, I took Addie to a dentist appt. at 7am.  We then had to do some errands so we didn't get home until 11:30a.  My husband took a day off and was doing preparations for our Memorial Day weekend.  Cleaning the grill, mowing the lawn, taking a run to the dump from the garage.  He wanted to do some cooking with his Dutch oven and made a delicious egg and sausage casserole for our lunch.
I made a meal for one of our church families who just had a baby and the girls and I dropped it off at their home.



Again, the weather was overcast and rainy.  


So while he took a bike ride with one of the men from the church, the girls and I cooked up one of our favorite soups - Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup!  Everyone was very excited for dinner.  LOL!  It really is a fabulous soup and you can find the recipe HERE.




There is something comforting about dark, stormy skies. :)
This was taken leaving for work Friday evening.

Saturday was spent preparing for Sunday.  Cleaning the building, loading the trailer with supplies, paperwork.  At 3:30pm, we had an early dinner at Claim Jumper with some friends and then home.  My husband worked on his marinade for his tri-tip, I made my dessert and Addie made her cheesecake.
I hope you have a wonderful week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment