Monday, May 18, 2015

My Week


We have been having quite the crazy weather here in Northern Nevada the past couple weeks!  It has seemed more like March than May.  The mountains received snow - the valleys rain.  Here is a shot of Mount Peavine after one of the storms.


But really, you won't hear many complaining about the rain!  We don't get much so when we do get rain, it is welcomed!


Last week was a fairly normal, every day week.  Hmmm...I do like the sound of that. :)  
Monday was spent doing things at home.  A few loads of laundry, housework, writing my lesson for my class Sunday, checking e-mail, exercising.  The girls are really doing well with their summer chore charts and it really frees me up to accomplish other things.
A few errands - mailing off final grades.


Buying the ingredients for red beans and rice.


Aren't these pretty stamps?


Free movie code for Redbox - I usually don't watch movies but this one was cute!  Paddington - great for a rainy Monday evening!


A new kitchen step stool for the girls.  


Got a few more things hung.  This is for the girls' towels in the bathroom.  The plaque is from Jenny for a housewarming gift. :)

A productive, enjoyable day!  Our contractor came and took the lockbox off the door.  I took photos of our home and sent them to our agent.  Finalizing all the paperwork.



Tuesday, I made red beans and rice.  It probably sounds funny that it is all I did.  I use my father-in-law's recipe and it is a several hour process to do it all.  I will share the recipe with you tomorrow.  My family has been asking for it.  My husband had a meeting in Sacramento that day so when he got home, Josh came over.  We had dinner and then headed off to a game and practice.  All day long, it was super windy.  Like that crazy Nevada wind.  So by the time we got to the game, it was full force and as cold as could be!  Coats, hats, boots, blankets.  And still freezing!  Then it was off to work for my Tuesday shift.

Wednesday is our normal day of church preparations and meetings and Awana club.  We did get our weekly date snuck in there - this time - Chinese.



Addie has been working extremely hard to try to finish her second book for this year.  She finished all her regular sections this week - saying 50 verses just for this night!  She is looking forward to being an Awana helper next year as a teenager.  That. Is. Awesome!  You see, goals shouldn't be just running a program for kids.  It should be inspiring them to be the next leaders.  Teach them to not only take in but also to give back.  
I was talking to her and she said she wants to do the Junior High Awana book that the teens do in addition to being a helper with the children's Awana.  Love!


Thursday, we received our Six Flags tickets for their home school reading program!  How we do it is every day, we set the timer for 20 minutes and everyone reads together.  It is easy to keep track of that way.
I also got to run an errand with my husband and have a free lunch at Cabela's with a gift card. :)  Sometimes, you need a little extra time away.  Then it was off to softball games and practices again!

Friday, I did my shopping at Winco for the week.  Their ranch dip mix is one of my favorite deals at Winco!  Because of the price - Hidden Valley is $1 more a packet!  So I always throw a couple more in my cart when I am here.
When I got home, I made Creamy Beef Stroganoff for dinner.  I decided to double the recipe to have leftovers.  Yeah...don't do that.  It seemed to not cook properly and the noodles turned mushy.  So, yes, try this recipe but don't double.  LOL!


It was also Friday night that we found out my Aunt Rachel went to Heaven.  She had fought cancer for five years.  I am glad she is finally pain and cancer free and with Jesus!


Friday, we were supposed to have make-up photos for softball.  It was rained out again.  I took Autumn to a dentist appt. at 5pm then off to work for my Friday shift.

Saturday morning, my husband took the girls to early dentist appts. at 7am.  When I got off at 8 am, I took the other two to Sierra's softball game.  We pull the double duty as parents a lot during softball season.  LOL!  
That evening, we had our Couples Activity which you can read about in my previous post HERE.

Sunday, more rain!  LOL!  We enjoyed a great service with a full crowd!  






We were so excited to see five young people follow the Lord in baptism!  

Then it was home for lunch - One Pot-Ten Minute Beef and Broccoli and cutting coupons.  Then back in the rain for singing and choir practice...nursery for the evening service.


Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment