Monday, May 23, 2022

Trip to Reno: Friday

 This weekend, Eric and I traveled to Reno for a memorial service.  We said our goodbyes and left.  I realized I left my charger inside and ran back in and there was Max already up on the couch.  Ha!!!


I took the first half of the trip driving.  Eric had a Zoom meeting for his BNI Group that he had to do.  The first half to Klamath Falls is the more tricky part.  Going over Willamette Pass/Summit (5,128 ft. elevation) through the Cascade Range can be interesting even in May.  On our way there, there was a light dusting of snow on the ground and on the trees.  I was driving so this is the photo Eric got for me.  Yes, snow in May is a definite possibility.  I was just thankful it was a light dusting and we didn't lose time going over.  



Had a beautiful view of the mountain!


Yes, this is actually the gas price in Alturas, CA that I took on our drive.  It is outrageous.  This is a small rural town of only 2,700 people.  How do they afford this price of gas?  It's sad and insane.


The second half of our trip is mainly wide-open spaces, mountains, sagebrush, and blue skies.  It just renews my soul!





Getting close to Reno, we passed the road to Antelope Lake.  I brought up the memory of a camping trip we made there years ago and brought Pops along with us.  Here are a few photos of that memory. :)





We made it into Reno around 3:30pm on Friday. (May 20)  Heading to where we were going to stay with friends, we saw that our former church building (when we pastored here in Reno) has been put up for sale.


We always try to stop by and see our old house.  It looked close to the same but it does appear that the trees have died.  Unless they just haven't bloomed yet?  They were beautiful trees and will be sad if they are dead.


We stopped by where we were staying - Cameron and Krista Gulden's home.  Then we had a delicious dinner at our favorite local Mexican restaurant - Fiesta Mexicana.  I had my fish tacos.  Mmm!  I'm going to work on recreating these.



After dinner, we went and visited with my brother-in-law, Neil, and my nephew, Grayson, at their apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment