Saturday, May 24, 2014

Home Projects in the Works

I love this time of year.  The days are warm.  The nights are cool.  It is a fantastic time to work on projects around the home.  Here are a few I have been tackling. :)


I painted our new shutters and my hubby hung them .  I love the pop of color they add!



This was not a hard project - just a long one!  I stained this buffet.  It was unfinished wood when someone gave this piece of furniture to us.  This is the finished product. :)  One coat of wood conditioner, three coats of stain and two coats of protective finish.  With all the drying time in between and after!


This was a little garden area I started a couple years ago.  This was the first year.  I cut all the pieces to build these planter boxes and my hubby put them together.


This year, I made some changes by taking out the hay bales, building more raised beds and adding in pavers.  Nevada is pretty difficult to grow things. I use raised beds to grow a garden here.  I also added in more pavers to cut down on the dust and mud when I water.  


Raised beds are pretty simple to make.  This time around, we decided to pay Home Depot to cut all our wood into the sizes we needed!  Well worth the extra money! Our new beds were to be 4ft x 4ft.



These were the extra landscaping pavers left from our front landscaping.
I just placed them in a semi circle, added soil and planted my irises, green peppers and flowers.


My new beds complete with soil, mulch and my tomato plants I started from seed in January.


I enjoy the pavers in between the beds!  Makes it so nice to keep clean and to tend to the beds.
I am thinking of painting the pavers...adding footprints and handprints...letting the girls paint pictures on them... :)


The area is still a work in progress.  That is the fun of it. :)  A neighbor made this picnic table for the girls several years ago.  I need to sand and repaint and finish it.  We also have our fire pit here for a fire and s'mores or such on a summer evening.


I also got all my photo prints ordered online and got all my new photos in their frames.
(You can never get all the frames perfectly straight, can you?  LOL!)



I also spray painted my message boards for my kitchen.  I like the white better on the green walls.  Here is where I keep our schedule for softball and my weekly menu.  Now you know what we are having for Memorial Day.  Ha!  Spray painting photo frames are a cheap and easy way to change up and add color to your decor in a room.

My next project is painting our bedroom and redecorating.  I already have the paint ready to go and the new bedset! 

No comments:

Post a Comment