Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tips to Keep Your Home Office Organized

Keeping Your Home Office Organized

*Guest Post by Mrs. Jenny Musser*

We have a room right next to the front door and when you come into our house, it's one of the first things you see.  It is our office/music room so it has a lot of "stuff" in it.  Today, I'm going to share a few ways to keep the clutter under control.


1.Mail.

As soon as I get the mail, I go through it right then.  I throw away any junk mail, open bills and put them in my organizer. I keep bills, stamps, my checkbook, a few envelopes, pens and cash that I have set aside for any purchases all in one spot.  It makes it simple to pay bills.


2. Books.

We have a bookcase but it is not big enough to hold all of our books.  So I had to find another way to store them.  You know that I love baskets and this is how I store extra books and also piano books that I use often.    


3. Desk.

Our desk is small so all I have on it is the computer and a box for Josh's things.  I used to ask him every day, "Could you please go through the pile of stuff on the desk?"  I finally gave up on that because it was just frustrating both of us!  :)   So I got him a box and once it is full then I ask him to go through it.


4. Electrical Cords.

I shared this idea for the TV but thought I would share again. I found this box with a lid and handles.  It is perfect for hiding all the computer and printer cords and is big enough to put the printer on.  All the cords go through the handle in the back and are hidden!         

No comments:

Post a Comment