Thursday, May 29, 2014

How I Organized My TV Area


Do you remember this post?  Organizing Your TV Area  I took Jenny's idea and wanted to share my results with you. :)

This was my before picture.  (I forgot to take a picture so this is one from Christmas.)  We had a small entertainment stand, X-Box and Wii games on the sides and a basket to hold the remotes.  We also had to have this extra table to hold our antennae. The cords were all over in the back and dust just seemed to collect.



Before picture.

I read somewhere on a blog to repurpose furniture items and you can this way maximize your space and minimize your items.  So my thought:  Eliminate the entertainment stand and side table and repurpose the buffet for that purpose.

Remember my project of staining my buffet...now you know the madness behind project. ;)


This was the mess.  (It was more dusty...I just didn't want you to see all the dust bunnies I had let collect!  LOL)  The back side panels had also come off and made for an even worse situation.


This was my end result.  I took out the entertainment stand - going to the dump. :)  I repurposed the side table into a small side table for our bedroom.  I added a lamp that I already had.  The box has a lid and cut-out side handles.  I purchased it from our new Hobby Lobby.  It is super sturdy and fits well for our decor.  The X-Box sets on top.


I did some changing around to give it a fresh feel.  The secretary someone gave to me and it is one of my favorite pieces of furniture.  I moved it to the wall to open up the window and so I can work and still see the mountain view. :)

I have the chair here for a little reading nook.


Piano - We organized all the girls' piano books for their lessons and practice into this crate from Dollar General.

No comments:

Post a Comment