Thursday, August 13, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah



Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


A few weeks ago, my daughters and I attended a baby shower for one of our friends.  It was held at Olive Garden.  My oldest daughter and I decided on the unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks.  Our waitress took our order and we received our food along with everyone.  The waitress did not ask again if we cared for a refill for our soup.  I finally gained her attention and asked for a second bowl of soup for my daughter and I.  More waiting.  It seemed that once the waitress got everyone's order to them - her job was done.  After more and more waiting (the ladies were starting to serve the baby shower cake to everyone by now), I gained her attention again and said, "I don't want to be a bother so can you just bring me two more bowls of soup - so that I won't have to ask again."  (Thinking sarcastically in my head while I said it!)  She replied, "Oh, you aren't being a bother to me."  RIGHT.

Do you think God feels this way sometimes?  You meet with him the first day - you enjoy that bowl of delicious soup of the Word of God with Him.  (I know - I guess I should use breadsticks to symbolize the Word of God but let's just go with the flow of my illustration. :)  He then comes back the next day to share another bowl of soup with you - but ends up waiting.  You are out "taking care of other customers" and by the end of the day, you finally get around to Him and sharing that bowl of soup.  The third day, well, you just never show up.  The fourth day, He finally flags you down and says, "I know you are busy and I don't want to be a bother - can we just have two bowls of soup?"

Fast forward two weeks.  My daughter and I are at Olive Garden again.  Same loft ironically.  It is my daughter's 12th birthday outing.  Same unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks.

This time, we had a different server.  He was a fabulous waiter.  The difference was night and day.  We never once asked for soup.  In fact, we never once had to ask for anything.  Everything was there with a smile ready for us to enjoy to our heart's content.

I think God wants us to be that "waiter".  He wants us to show up for our "meal" with Him, ready to share and enjoy that time with Him.

So today's challenge is:  Be consistent with your time with the Lord.  Show up with a smile eagerly ready to share that daily time with God.  Don't be the one the Lord is trying to flag down - "Hey, let's have a bowl of soup!"

Will you take the challenge?

1 comment:

  1. I like this♡
    Wanted you to know..tried the aftredo...fettuccine recipe idea and added a pkg of .Ranch! Made such a difference. Yumm! Easy too. Thks mrs m

    ReplyDelete