Monday, August 17, 2015

My Week

 This was a different week for us that we have ever had.  This year, we are doing our home school day at the church.  This was a decision that I made to enable me to better help at the church while still being able to home school successfully.  If I were to be honest, it was a decision I struggled with.  However, after a week, I think it was a good decision.  Yes, it does take dedication, work and sacrifice in some ways.  I won't lie.  But all things take some measure of sacrifice and work.  
We have set up in a small outside classroom and it works really well.  
 We start at 8:30am and end by 2pm.  The girls do the DVD accredited Abeka program.  This is our 8th year with Abeka.
 Monday, I had three dentist appointments scheduled from months ago.  So after a few hours of school, we had to head to the dentist.  This week, I had seven kids all week - my four, Alex and Aaron and Reagan.  Seven kids to the dentist - let's just say that I was asked if I was a foster parent!!  Ha!!! That made me laugh.


Summer, our youngest, is in K-5 this year.  She loves to do her papers with me - and wants to learn combinations as well.



Side note - Josh and Jenny had their baby - Grant Ryan - Sunday evening!  Here is the little guy!


Tuesday, I stole my husband's laptop before he got to the office to write and record a podcast.  This is the view from my school table. :)


Tuesday, I had to take Addie back to the dentist to fix a cap that was coming off.
Sometimes, you just need some pizza. :)


Wednesday, I set up for a meeting my husband was hosting in our Fellowship Hall for some local pastors.  Just some coffee, juice and water.

 Also started working on our new coffee area in our lobby.

 This is baby Aaron - he is so adorable!  I babysit him during the week.
 I also spent some time working on preparations for my new Cubbies class for our Awana program.  


Then our administration meeting.
Thursday and Friday was school.  We also got to visit Grant, Jenny and her mom.  Friday, I had to get groceries before we starved to death.  LOL!  That meant seven kids to the grocery store.  But we made it!

Saturday.  Saturday takes on a new meaning when you now leave your home every day!  I did laundry, ironing, house cleaning, watered the lawn.  It was nice to have a morning not to have to rush off!
Then it was a date with my husband to Chipotle, a chiropractic visit and an errand to Home Depot.  We worked at the church until 7pm.  A big thank you to Josh who spent his entire Saturday working on projects around the church.







Beautiful ending to the week.


Sunday was a wonderful day!  I filled in for Jenny to play the piano.  We had a delicious dinner made Miss Robin of chicken enchiladas, a corn salsa and jello with whip cream.  Then it was our first night of our Awana year.  I was happy to be able to do the Cubbies class this year. :)
And with that, I will end this.

No comments:

Post a Comment