Monday, August 24, 2015

My Week




Monday began a new week.  Second week of school for the year.  Since we have done school the same each year, each new school year is not too much of an adjustment.  Probably the hardest is getting everyone up and going. :)

When we get to school in the morning, I start by grading any papers/homework from the previous day.  I also get the girls their papers for that day for each subject.  I organize any tests or quizzes that they need to take along with the answer key for that test.  Addie is doing her quizzes and tests this year online which is different for the both of us!  Her grandma (Eric's mom) gave her a tablet for her 12th birthday and she is able to log on and do her quizzes and tests right at her desk.  It is different because it saves all that grading for me!

Baby Aaron usually plays or sleeps and Reagan does her own thing.  She's crazy!  LOL!  We are also potty training so that is interesting as well.  (These are the kids I babysit all week.)

Tuesday, school from 8:30-2pm.  I made a meal for Josh and Jenny - she just had her baby.  Roast with potatoes, onions and carrots along with a Caesar salad and warm peach cobbler.  Mmm!  I almost went to their house to eat dinner! :)
I also made a run to Home Depot to get some supplies for the church with the husband.  New flooring for the nursery.

Wednesday, school from 8:30-2pm.  I also have my nephew again each week on Wednesdays. Actually, we stayed until around 3:30 this day to catch up on some extra work with Autumn and Sierra because I had worked on the church building in the morning.  Dropped the girls off at home and then right back to the church for our admin meeting from 4-6pm.  Picked Addie up to drop her off at the church at 6:30pm for YLC-Youth Group.  
Funny story, I made a new recipe for a soup in the crockpot that morning.  On the way to taking Addie to youth group she says, "Umm, we kind of ate most of the soup."  I replied, "I hope you left some for me and Daddy at least."  "Well, there might be."
Got back home to find about 1/2 cup of soup.  Sigh.  I had to call my husband as he was leaving the church and have him pick up Subway for us for dinner!  Kids.  LOL!

Thursday, school from 8:30-2pm.  You might think I would get bored every day but it even amazes me how much there is to do from grading to helping with concepts to correcting homework with one of the girls to watching the little ones to working on things at the church.  In fact, I rarely go home feeling caught up!  LOL!  Thursday night is my shift for Senior Helpers as well.

Friday, we had a slightly later start at 9am because of me getting home from work and needing to get ready.  But we still were done before 2pm. :)  That night, we had crockpot chicken and dumplings and watched Paul Blart - Mall Cop 2 as a family.  (OK, I fell asleep but hey, it was a long week!)

Saturday morning, I took Addie to her first softball practice for the fall ball season.  Gave my husband a hair cut.  Spent a few hours at the church sweeping, mopping, taking out garbage, setting up tables and chairs and decluttering the office.  Then went to Winco to get all our groceries for our camping trip next week.  To Wal-Mart to get a few other supplies for camping.  Then home to pack camping supplies and finish up the laundry.

This week, we will be in the Redwoods on our family camping trip so I will have next week's update next Monday with lots of photos!  I will also have this week's posts scheduled to post while I am gone.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment