Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah


Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)



Today, I would like to share a story from the early years of our ministry...

My husband being a pastor for a year now...one of the burdens...is the finances of the church. In the one year of our church, we went from the small conference room at the Hampton Inn for $90.00 a week to now having a permanent building to call home for $1,624.89. (LOL! I do the bill paying so I know. :) A big jump. A large step. A big undertaking for our small congregation of believers.

Finances will make or break most anything...marriages...businesses...and churches. So in being the wife of the pastor, I share that burden with my husband.

I wouldn't say we necessarily worry. But it stays on our mind a lot. :)

Yesterday morning, I read this verse in II Chronicles 25:9... "And Amaziah said to the man of God, But what shall we do for the hundred talents which I have given to the army of Israel? And the man of God answered, The Lord is able to give thee much more than this."

Yes, he surely is. I am grateful for everyone person that is faithful to the Lord and tithes...they give back to God simply what is His.

As I look at the tithe that my husband and I give each week in the church offering...I can ask God..."What will you do with the $100 that I have given to Sierra View Baptist Church?"

And the Lord answers me..."I am able to give thee much more than this."

Yes, the Lord will take care of Sierra View Baptist Church...His church.
And for that reason, there is no worry. :)

Today's challenge is:  What do you have that God is asking YOU to give?  Step out on faith and you will hear..."I am able to give thee much more than this."
Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment