Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Week


Monday was a busy day of good things. :)  Started the day with my cup of coffee and my devotions.  Watered the lawn and garden.  I know it is late in the summer but I had to have some flowers...I just love the beauty flowers bring to a home.  
Then it was chores for the girls.  I sent my niece's birthday card, filled out the certificates for Promotion Sunday, paid the mortgage, wrote a few thank you cards, picked up a snack for Addie for the teen girl sleepover, put together a gift bag for my secret sister, filled out a funds request for tithe envelopes, e-mailed my work about a few things.
I had my nephew, Grayson, as well.  That evening, I took a nap and then it was off to my 11-7pm shift.

Tuesday, I was off at 7am.  Shower, dress, water garden and lawn.  I was able to go to a new chiropractor in Reno called The Joint.  It is a franchise and they offer very reasonable plans - 4 visits a month for $49!  I had stopped going to the chiropractor - I loved the office and staff but I could not afford $60 a visit when the raised their prices.  I found this place and immediately, I felt relief!  My back issues drain me of my energy and I slept so well that night.  I praise the Lord for this new place!
Then it was off to the park for free lunches, the three oldest to piano lessons while I had the three youngest - Summer, Reagan and Grayson.
After lessons, Reagan came home with us so Josh and Jenny could go to her doctor appointment.  
After both Reagan's were picked up, I took meatball subs over to my husband and Josh who were painting at the church.  We are in the middle of some renovations so this week was busy at the church.


The smoke was blowing in from one of the California wildfires.  Living in the West has things that you see that I never saw growing up in Ohio.  Thankfully, the smoke has not affected our area for the most part like previous summers.  I remember one summer with the fires from Yosemite.  Weeks of smoke.  You always smelled it and breathed it in.  It was crazy.  This year has been blessed here in Reno.


The girls have been having fun playing restaurant.  They have many guests as you can see!  LOL!

Wednesday, I got a great start on the day and got a lot done in the morning.  Water lawn/garden, laundry, ironing, garbage/recycles, make the bed, deposit checks, sweep the floor, give the dog a bath, finish cutting coupons and organizing my coupon binder, lunches at the park.
Then I headed over to the church. I spent a lot of time at the church.  I cleaned the auditorium so that would be ready for Sunday.  The other areas had to wait since it was a work/construction zone.  Meeting at 4pm.  Make a run to Home Depot with Jenny to pick out paint colors and flooring samples for the nursery.  Home for a very late dinner of spaghetti with the girls.



Upcoming sermon series!





Thursday, my husband asked me if I would come and help paint at the church.  That took pretty much all day.  In the evening, a church couple, the Hectors, took us to dinner.  We always enjoy food and fellowship with this great couple!
Then it was a quick nap and off to my Thursday 11-7 shift.


Friday, I was off work at 7am.  Home to shower and get ready for the day.  I picked up Shannon at 10am to do some visits to some ladies with her and the girls.  Then back to the church to clean and set up for Sunday.  We still have more things to do but at least it was ready for Sunday. :)  


My new USB cords came in for my I-phone.  10 ft - yes, that comes in handy!


Saturday, I was up having my coffee and devotions, watered the lawn and garden and then the girls and I did a Wal-Mart run for items for our Sunday Summer Fellowship - which was chili dogs!
Then off to pick up Addie and Gabby from the teen girl sleepover at the Crocketts.  Thank you to Jodi who hosted the get-together for the girls. :)  
Addie and I then went off to her birthday lunch at Olive Garden.  We had a very special lunch together and a great heart-to-heart as mom and daughter.  It is a big thing as a parent when you first turns 12 and enters the teen years.  If you have teens, pray, pray, pray!  

Then we filled up the car with gas and the propane tank for the fellowship.  Everything was dropped off and ready for the fellowship.

That evening, my husband and Addie went to a teen activity hosted by the Bialy's.  They didn't stay the entire time because we were leaving early for Lancaster but they enjoyed the time they were there.  Thank you to Chris and Abbie for having a heart for the teens as well as the bus ministry for the church!

Then Sunday.  Addie, Autumn and myself were making the trek to Lancaster to drop off Addie for the week of Joshua Camp.  We left at 6am.  We had a good time driving through California - seeing big trees, vineyards, corn fields.  Beautiful!


We finally made it about 2ish.  Addie chose In & Out for lunch and then we headed to Lancaster Baptist Church/West Coast Baptist College to check in.



It was a big thing to drop her off for her first time away from home - by herself.  I pray this experience will be a positive one!  Lancaster is a wonderful place and I know it will be a great week for her.


Then, Autumn and I started for home.  It was quite the long way home but thankfully we made it home about 12:45am.  Home sweet home.


Thankful for this week - God is good. :)

2 comments:

  1. When do you sleep?!?! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your week n pictures. Im using 2 of yr recipes this week. Beef stroganoff (they loved)
    And crockpot enchaladas today (were serving friends who r gluten free so sub a few items)
    I seem to always make my way back to yr recipes. Thank you. Nancy m

    ReplyDelete