Sunday, August 23, 2015

"She Should Divorce Him..."

As things come out in the media about people...consider this one thing:


You can't guarantee that what happened to that person you are making a judgment about - will never happen to you.

I remember one day very clearly in my married life.  I was reading a blog of a pastor's wife one afternoon.  It was then I found out that her husband wanted a divorce from her.  He wanted to be with someone else.

My husband came home from work and when I told him, I cried and cried.  Honestly, I was crying from fear.  If that could happen to another pastor's wife - someone I knew personally, why couldn't it happen to me?

I was honest with my husband that day - I was scared that was going to happen to us.  It really shook my faith.  I knocked me down mentally.  It gave me a wake-up call.

And from that moment, I had a different perspective. 
 One that - I may be in that person's place one day.

First, don't be too hard on that person who fell.  That just may be YOUR husband one day.  I promise you can't guarantee he would never do that.  Never say never.

Second, don't be too quick to say what you would do if you were her.  I am pretty sure you will think differently if you were in her shoes.  

Third, repentant hearts deserve a second, third...multiple chances to be forgiven.  Seventy times seven.  That's from Jesus - not me.  

Thoughts from a heavy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment