Friday, May 7, 2021

Week 1: Summer Vacation Meals with my Girls

We are now on "summer break" from school.  I try to add in various responsibilities that we don't always accomplish during the school year because of time constraints.  One is helping to cook dinner.

So, while we have some extra time now, the girls have certain days that they will help make dinner - the goal is to be able to make the entire meal themselves.  Autumn is already able to do this so this gives me two days off in the week not to have to cook dinner. :)  

I thought I would share the meals each week - just to have fun and document it.


Monday:
Autumn made pizza quesadillas and tomato soup.  We also had Fizzy Fruit Cranberry Gelatin which Addie had made for her Family/Consumer Science class.


Tuesday:
Tuesdays are my day to cook.  I made sloppy joes (good ol' Manwich!).  Addie made tri-color pasta salad for her Family/Consumer Science class and I used that as a side for my meal.  Sliced up cantaloupe on the side and we had a meal!


Wednesday:
Wednesdays are Summer's day to help.  We had easy marinated chicken legs.  Summer made two batches of the marinade for the chicken and then baked them as her part of making the meal.
Addie had made two salads for her Family/Consumer Science class that we were able to use as sides for this meal.
Creamy ranch potato salad
Fancy waldorf salad

Delicious and summer-like meal!


Thursday:
Thursday was Sierra's turn to help.  We made Beef Alfredo Pasta, garlic knots and side salads.  Sierra cut up the veggies for the salads and made the pasta and garlic knots with my help and guidance. :)


Friday:
Friday was supposed to be Autumn's turn.  However, we had quite a few leftovers so we didn't cook a full meal and ate some leftovers. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment