Sunday, May 16, 2021

Week 2: Summer Vacation Meals with My Girls

 I thought I would document meals that my girls make every week for their summer vacation.  Honing their cooking skills while we have extra time with no school.  Here is week two!

Saturday:

On Saturday, it was Summer's turn to make dinner.  She made this meal entirely by herself and did a great job.  Jambalaya!

It entails cutting up the green peppers, onion and sausages.  Cooking the rice.  And mixing it all together.  Pretty good for a ten year old! :)

Jambalaya Recipe


Sunday:

Autumn made our meal for Sunday - Mother's Day.  
Tacos and refried beans.  Mmm!



Monday:

I forgot to take a photo of my plate so I had to snap a picture of the leftovers of this meal.  LOL!

Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and corn.  
Autumn made this meal.

I think a basic cooking skill that some people don't learn when they are young is how to make homemade mashed potatoes.  This is a great skill to teach your children when learning to cook - how to peel potatoes and make mashed potatoes. :)


Tuesday:

Addie had a lunch lab for her Family Consumer/Science class to do so she made this before she left for work and we used it for our dinner meal.

Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Cheese Soup

Wednesday:

Addie had a Dinner Party lab that she had to do for her Family Consumer/Science class.  With her work schedule, we changed it to a Brunch Party.  She did a great job and we enjoyed a beautiful brunch!  Here is the menu:

Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake
Applesauce Muffins
Five Minute Fluff Salad
Easy Brunch Punch

I will post the recipes for these dishes in the next few days. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment