Monday, January 10, 2022

Growing Up and Loving It

 Friday night, January 7th, my sister invited our family over for dinner and games.  She made a delicious meal of beef and green chili chicken enchiladas with chips and homemade guacamole on the side.  I brought the toppings - lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, salsa, sour cream, cilantro and jalapenos.  

After dinner, we played a couple games.  

As I sat there at the table and listened to all our kids making comments as they played the game - I thought how much I enjoy seeing this.  Hearing the kids - nearly all in the teen years now - becoming young adults.  How smart they are, funny, quick thinking and just enjoyable.  

Listening to my daughters when they are together, like at the dinner table, makes me think back on the days of my sisters and I when we were in college.  It reminds me of those days and just how sisters are such a tight-knit bunch.  They can finish each other's sentences, play off each others' sarcasm and just get each other.

So, I came home and realized I didn't get one photo of the night but that's OK.  It was a special memory and I just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment