Sunday, July 10, 2022

Glacier National Park-Day 1B

The first night we camped at Fish Creek Campground which is in the national park right into the west entrance.  My thoughts were that we drove from Oregon to Montana all in one shot.  We would camp on the west side and then in the morning, we would be right there to sightsee and hike from the west entrance to the east entrance (St. Mary entrance) on the Going-to-the-Sun road.  I think it was a good plan but to set up camp for one night and then have to pack it all backup...it was a lot of extra work.
Parks like Glacier and Yellowstone are so massive - it is a good thought to camp in different areas of the park where you are that day.  But if you have a lot of camping equipment and people, it may not be the best thought.
But anyways!  We set up camp at Fish Creek and spent Wednesday night there.


My kids highjacked my phone and took a lot of pictures throughout the week so you will see some crazy pictures of them here.  Ha!






Something new I didn't think of - going from 100 ft. elevation where we live to 4,000+ ft. elevation - things adjust.  Like canned biscuits.  Ha!  I brought these canned biscuits for dessert and they popped with the elevation change.


Making our first dinner!



Everyone went to get firewood...and it started raining.  Not exactly the most fun scenario when you just get to your campground and are trying to make dinner.  It soaked everything.  Augh!



For our first night, we had:
Sirloin steaks
Fried potatoes
Corn on the cob



Since my biscuits exploded, I thought I better use them up the first night.  I made a new recipe:  Campfire Monkey Bread.  I will share the recipe in a post later.  Of course, a cup of cocoa is needed with the monkey bread on a cool, wet night. :)



The end of the first day of our trip to Glacier National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment