Sunday, July 24, 2022

Glacier National Park-Day 4D

Look up - you never know what you may see!



Snow!  Yes, when we reached Grinnel Lake...there was still snow!  Albeit, dirty snow.  But it was snow.  On July 3rd.




There is nothing more clear and beautiful than the waters of a mountain lake.


The first view of Grinnel Lake - it was absolutely stunning!



All this snowmelt comes into this lake.


What a view!  The snow from the glaciers and the waterfalls coming down the mountain.  It was absolutely the most beautiful lake scene I have seen in person!



Of course, you have to take off your hiking boots and put your feet in that lake!



Sierra






Summer



Me :)
The water was SO cold that it seized up my muscles!  I thought I wasn't able to make it just walking out to the middle!!  I have never felt water that cold.





And the view after you got into the water and walked to the middle was even more spectacular.  I just couldn't get over it.















Autumn









That cold water was pretty refreshing after a long hike!








Autumn, Sierra, and Summer


The adventurers!



No comments:

Post a Comment