Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 


Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)

Sunday night, we were coming home from church...my husband and I were chatting about the day's events. In the back of the van, the girls were playing and talking. Sierra was pretending that her lip gloss was a princess and she was talking for her "lip gloss princess". She was talking to Addie's lip gloss who was the "prince" and this is what she said... 


"Stop! I am trying to fall in love with you!" 

My husband and I burst out laughing. You never know what kids will say! 

But often, kids can teach you valuable lessons through their actions and words. And this is what I "heard"... 

God is trying to speak to you every day. He is like the spouse that just wants some undivided attention from their lover. He says, "Stop what you are doing! Stop watching that TV show. Stop reading that novel. Stop hanging out with your friends. Stop shopping for that new outfit. Stop talking on the phone to your best friend. Stop chatting on Facebook. Stop listening to that music." 

"Stop! I am trying to fall in love with you." 

God wants that love relationship with us. But often we are too busy to even hear what He is saying to us. You know, like when your husband is playing a video game and you are talking to him...you tell him this long, detailed story and end it with a question and he answers - Huh? Do we do that to God? God is trying to speak to us...through His Word...through his nature and creation...through the pastor's message on Sunday...but we are too busy to hear it. 

"Stop! I am trying to fall in love with you." 

Give God a quiet time. Take away the distractions of your life. And give God the chance to fall in love with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment