Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Week


I am a day late in posting my weekly update...but here it is. :)
This was a cute coffee mug and Starbucks card from my secret sister. Yay!  A frapp sounds good on this very warm day!


This week was busy prepping for our annual church yard sale.  Monday, the girls and I spent the day at the church carrying and setting up tables, carrying in all the sale items that were stored in storage and then cleaning the main auditorium, bathrooms, offices and classrooms.  Stupid me wore flip flops and boy were my feet tired at the end of the day.  But we did work hard and got a lot accomplished.


I am always a sucker for a cookbook!  I was able to pre-purchase these at the sale. :)
For dinner, Polish sausages and french fries.

Tuesday was a second day of working at the church for the yard sale.  Softball game for Sierra at 6pm and work at 8pm.  For dinner, spaghetti.


Wednesday was a bit of a break from the yard sale scene.  LOL!  I had an inspection job to do so my husband and I doubled it up with our weekly Wednesday lunch date.  
Then it was our meeting at 4pm and practice at 6pm while the hubby did youth group.  We are on a summer break from Awana club.

Thursday, I wanted to get my baked goods done for the bake sale.  


I made french vanilla cupcakes and Rocky Road Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.


And chocolate chip cookies for the family.  :)


Then it was broccoli and cheese soup with grilled cheese for dinner.
Broccoli -Cheese Soup
3 cans chicken broth
2 bags frozen broccoli florets
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 - 8 oz. bag shredded cheese
Bring the chicken broth and broccoli to a boil for 6 minutes.  Saute onion in a little margarine/butter.  Add flour and milk.  Add flour combination to broth mixture.  Cook - do not boil.  Add cheese and stir until melted.



Then off to Sierra's softball game.  Beautiful day!

Friday, I did office type paperwork I needed to catch up on in the morning.  I put Crockpot Enchilada Casserole in the crockpot and again we went to the church to finalize things for the sale.  Two of the girls went to a sleepover with a church family for the evening.





Frostened the cupcakes - all ready to go!



Still having some crazy spring weather.  This funnel cloud was seen near our home Friday.


My husband came home and surprised me with a new skirt from JC Penney!  He is definitely a clothes shopper - but usually for himself.  :)
Then it was off to work for my Friday shift.


Saturday dawned bright and clear for our church yard sale and bake sale.  The Lord blessed with a beautiful day and held off the expected rain.




We were very pleased to earn $1,000 from the sale which we need to replace our microphones which have bit the dust.  Praise the Lord!



After the sale ended and I finished my cleaning at the church, I was at home.  There was a nice storm that came up ending with a rainbow.  What a nice ending to the week!




It is nice to sit at the end of the day on the deck...sitting on the swing...soft lights, American flag blowing in the breeze.


Sunday was a day of normal Sunday things.  The Crockett family treated our family to dinner at Dickey's for lunch - yum!  How nice of them!  We love the Crocketts at our church.

Then it was suddenly Monday again.  :)  I like Mondays.  I was up at 5am - devotions, laundry, running, watering the lawn/garden, writing cards for our assimilation program and my Connection Class, taking Belle to the groomers.  Trying to get a good start on the day!  
During reading time, Max decided he was missing out, jumped the fence and joined us on the deck.  LOL!



I hope you had a good week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment