Thursday, June 25, 2015

Junior Camp @ SVBC 2015


Tuesday was the first day of our first Junior Camp that our church put on.  We don't have any Junior Camps that are close for our kids so our children's pastor and his wife decided to hold our own.  
Our camp was located at Davis Creek Park in the foothills of the Sierras between Reno and Carson City.
It was a beautiful spot on the top of the hill among the pine trees.  Minus the hike up the stairs - up and down, up and down!  I might never recover! :)


My girls and I and the Moore family were the first to arrive.  We got to work carrying everything up the hill and setting up camp and tents.  Michael was such a big help and I want to say thank you for all he did this week to help and make it happen!

 Soon the other workers and campers begin to arrive.  We had hamburgers for dinner then chapel service, singing around the fire with Bro. Josh and his guitar and s'mores.


 Summer and I came home Tuesday night and I had roses and a card waiting for me from my husband.  So nice after a long day of camp!  


Wednesday, I took my husband to the airport at 5:30am and then it was back to camp for the day.


They had breakfast, morning chapel for two hours, a horseshoe competition, lunch, the Amazing Race activity, free time, horseshoe championship, dinner, chapel, ice cream and s'mores.


I took the teen counselors off for a treat to Starbucks in the afternoon.  They did a great job this week.


Summer and Abigail got to hang out while their moms worked.


There's something special about a campfire.


Sometimes the best singing is hanging out. :)


I headed home Wednesday night to a beautiful sunset.


One of the blessings of the week is Lyberty received Christ as her Savior!  Praise the Lord!

It was a good three days of fun, fellowship and growing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment