Saturday, June 27, 2015

My Week


Here is the recap for last week...still catching up! :)  This was Sunday evening service at Lancaster Baptist Church.  

 After church, we tried a new place - The Habit Burger Grill.  It was a good place - I do wish I would have tried the sweet potato fries. :)  We had dinner with our friends - Jon and Jami McConkey who pastor in North Carolina.

On Monday, we drove to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach.  It was a great place and we really enjoyed it. 






 After the Aquarium, we took a stroll on the boardwalk.  Beautiful but windy!

 My husband and I like to try new hole-in-the wall places so we checked out a place recommended by Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives called Schooner or Later.  It was yummy!  I got a chicken pita and sweet potato fries and my husband got a crab sandwich and fries.  We ate on the patio overlooking the water.


 That evening was the first service of the Spiritual Leadership Conference.  The next morning, we enjoyed a breakfast at the church with Krispy Kreme donuts. 


On Tuesdays, they host a luncheon for pastor's wives and missionary wives.  This year was a Baseball Theme.



I enjoyed the most of this conference was the classes I attended taught by Bro. Schettler.  He is a fantastic teacher and I thoroughly enjoyed the way he presented his material and the material itself was wonderful!


Soon it was already Wednesday.  We had dinner with Shaun and Shannon and again tried out a new for us place - Firehouse Subs.  It too was yummy!

 On Thursday, we drove back home.  Here are a few photos along the way.  I love cows - do you see the cows! :)  I love cows.


 This place, again, was a new place for us to try.  It was a little hole in the wall restaurant in the middle of nowhere.  We sat on the front porch, even the owner's dog joined us - LOL!, and enjoyed a delicious lunch of BBQ beef brisket and yummy fries.  Definitely a great place!

 My husband had a wedding rehearsal in Genoa that we had on the way home but we were pretty early so we took a walk around the town and of course, we had to get some hand-dipped ice cream!  They didn't have my favorite butter pecan so I got salted caramel and the hubby got strawberry.

 After the rehearsal it was finally home!  It was great to see our girls and catch up on all their stories.


My tomato plants are getting big.

 Friday was right back to work with cleaning and setting up the church for our Open House Sunday which was our 5th anniversary.  Shopping, singing practices...a busy two days!



Chris Tefft was our speaker for the day.  We also hosted a blood drive and dinner on the grounds with fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and mac and cheese followed by apple pie and cake.  As usual, I didn't remember to take any pictures during the action because I get so busy getting things done.  LOL!


On a side note, this makes a gallon of gravy - great for big events!


My secret sister gave me this awesome plug-in - it looks awesome in my kitchen!  Another friend, Becca, fed my addiction and brought me a Vitamin Water. :)


A busy and memorable week!

No comments:

Post a Comment