Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Our Story


Happy Anniversary to my love of 14 years!  

My husband and I knew each other in Bible college.  I was a senior - he was a freshman. :)  We worked in the same ministry - the Chicago bus ministry.  We picked up kids and families and brought them to church on Sundays. 

BTW...The BEST place to find a spouse is to find someone serving God.  

The captain of his route, Marco Lariviere, told him he should ask me out.  He did for a ministry party at Connie's Pizza - downtown Chicago.  Our first date was January 23, 1999.

That night, he was typical Eric - life of the party - making everyone laugh.  I have always loved his ability to make me laugh but as a senior in college - that isn't all I was looking for in a guy.  After the party, we got back to campus and we sat and talked.  He told me about himself and his desire to be a youth pastor after graduation.

It was then that I said to myself, This guy is going to do way more than just be a youth pastor.  (No offense to youth workers. :)  I just could see in him more.

We were married June 23, 2001.  One of the best days of my life.

Fast forward 14 years.  We just celebrated five years of pastoring the church we started.  

Our journey is special.  I'm thankful for this guy.  I pray we get to grow old together.  (OK...we are already getting there! HA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment