Monday, June 1, 2015

My Week

My week in many photos. :)
 Monday was Memorial Day.  My husband worked at his part time job from 10-6 so it was the girls and me for the day.  The first thing we did was play time at the park.


 Then it was stop at the Dollar Tree and lunch at Taco Bell. 



It was a good thing we decided to do the park first.  It wasn't long before it downpoured!  We sure had an above average month of rain in May.


But it does make for indoor activities!  Next, we went to the Grand Sierra and watched the new movie - Cinderella.  Cinderella and a happy ending never gets old. :)



Then, I had a gift card to Cold Stone Creamery - this was one of their favorite parts of the day.  LOL!


I picked the chocolate Reese one...whoa.  Crazy too much for me!


Then a run to Wal-Mart and off to the river.  We had planned to meet my husband after he got off work.  The second we got to the river and got out of the van - it down poured again!
We get back in the van, wait, get out again - and it rained again!  The temperature dropped with the rain.  So being wet and cold, we stayed for awhile and then decided to leave.  


So no crawfish boil for Memorial Day.  Maybe another time!  We got sandwiches, chips and fruit at the store for dinner.


Tuesday dawned much clearer.  Baby sitting, piano lessons at noon, and chores.  My husband took the girls back to the river for a few hours but weren't able to get anything.  Chicken and dumplings for dinner. Then it was off to a game for Sierra and then to work for the evening.


Wednesday, I recorded more radio podcasts over at the church.  Then the hubby and I had our weekly Qdoba date at noon.  Dinner of salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and brussell sprouts.  Then our church meeting at 4pm and our last night of Awana at 6:30pm.


We also enjoyed working in our garden beds and reading in the garden in the sunshine.

Here are a few photos of Awana.  We were at the park.


Thursday was an exciting day of progress at Sierra View.  Our new sign was installed.  


The girls and I concentrated on completing their Awana handbooks for this year.  Reviewing and completing silver and gold sections.  They worked extremely hard and we completed our goals!


Obviously, Max wanted in on the action of Awana handbooks.  He kept jumping the fence to come around and sit on the deck with us.  Ha!  He is such a crazy dog.


Thursday is also our library day.  The girls love getting books from the library.  Even Reagan picked out a book - My bike book - she said.


Wendy's frostys for a treat after the library!
Then it was off for two softball games.  Eric went to Autumn's and I took Sierra's to hers.  Summer made a new friend as well. :)

Friday was a very long day of errands!  First, the Dollar Tree to buy a present...then to Shannon's to drop it off and some green onions from my garden.  :)


Then we headed to the locksmith to get some keys for the church made.  When we pulled up, there was a sign it was closed and they had moved!  So I put the new address in the GPS and off we went.  We drove the entire way over there - and it was nowhere to be found!  Grr.  Not a good thing to happen in my day.  So I googled a different locksmith  and found the one below - a drive up one!  I'm telling you - one less errand where I don't have to get out of the car - that is something I can handle! :)

And on the way, we found this - our first Dunkin Donuts in the Reno-Sparks area!  Woo hoo!



Then it was off to get the van washed and vacuumed.  They have a cool new feature - lava soap.  Ha!  So cool!


Then to CVS to use my Extra Care Bucks before they expired.  To Office Depot to use my Quarterly Rewards before they expired.  To Home Depot to return an item.

Then to Les Schwaab to get my tires rotated.  While that was being done, we had lunch at McDonald's...did our shopping at the Dollar Tree...and picked up headlight bulbs for my husband's car.  Four things checked off the list there!

Then...I know, right?  I said it was an endless day!  Off to Jiffy Lube for an oil change.  I always get my oil changed and tires rotated on the same day.  ATM.  And...lastly, Wal-Mart.  Good grief.  

Well, that day, they ended up scheduling the softball makeup photos.  For the third time.  We already had plans to go to Johnny Rockets with the senior saints of our church that evening at 5.  I lined up my father-in-law to take them.

That didn't go well.  He mixed up the times...my daughter is calling me...the team is waiting.  Oh...my on time self was exploding.  Breathe, breathe!  LOL!  

Then it was off to my Friday shift!


Saturday morning, I got off work at 8.  Came home, grabbed a cup of coffee and off at 9 for practice for Sierra.  Then over to a game for Autumn.  Five hours of softball and I enjoyed every minute.  :)

The rest of the day was spent in preparation for Sunday.

Sunday, I enjoyed my Bible and coffee first.  Got ready for church and watered the garden and lawn.  Such a gorgeous morning!
I worked the church nursery for Sunday School and morning service.  Meeting for camp workers after church.  Then off to take Autumn to a birthday party at EZ Air for one of her softball friends.  While she was there, I had a quiet lunch at El Pollo Loco.  Mmm!


Then to Jiffy Lube for an oil change for the hubby's car and car wash/vacuum as well to surprise him.  It is nice to get some tasks out of the way for the week ahead!

Lastly, Sunday evening was our Awana award night.  It was a blessing to see the results of our year of hard work.



These are our girls with their shirts/vests and the badges, pins, ribbons and trophies they earned.


Summer is four yrs. old and was in Cubbies this year.  She completed her handbook earning her Honeycomb and apple badges and her ribbon.
She memorized a total of 30 verses.


Sierra is 7 yrs. old and was in Sparkies this year.  She completed a total of three handbooks earning badges, pins, wings, jewels and her plaque.   She memorized a total of 145 verses for the year.

Autumn is 9 yrs. old and was in T&T Adventure.  She completed one handbook and earned her badges, pins and the Alpha award.  She said a total of 79 verses.

Addie is 11 yrs. old and was in T&T Challenge.  This was her only year in Awana before she moves to the teen group.  She worked extremely hard completing two handbooks earning many, many badges, pins, the Alpha award and the Excellence award.  She really did an excellent job and we are very proud of her hard work.  She memorized a total of 202 verses for the year.
Next year, she wants to be a teen helper for our Awana club. :)


What a great ending to a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Loved all the fun n ideas! You are the energizer♡ made yr cheeseburger soup sunday. Loved the crazy videos of josh n Eric. Funny! Lv mrs m

    ReplyDelete