Monday, June 22, 2015

My Week

Here I am...two weeks behind on my weekly updates.  I have been away from home quite a bit and don't have a portable laptop so I better get with it now that I have a minute to sit while the laundry is going. :)

And just as I typed that, the dryer went off!  LOL!  I am a daily laundry kind of person so having to catch up of a week of laundry after a trip is not my style.

Tuesday, I spent a little time in my garden.  I harvested a big bowl of lettuce in which we made taco salads for dinner. :)  Yum!



Summer helped me do the fertilizer to the plants.


Then it was piano lessons at 1pm...early dinner and clean-up...a softball game for Sierra.  The skies were SO stormy...we really thought we were going to get dumped on!  


I left from the game and headed for my Tuesday night shift...and bam!  Lots of rain!  


Wednesdays are a little slower for me.  I don't get home until 8:30am and it seems like my mornings aren't as productive.  I did get to my husband's office and recorded two podcasts for the radio.  Then our meeting at 4pm at the church then off to softball games!  


Thursday, I got shopping done for the girls when they went to Josh and Jenny's.  


New pair of sandals for the summer. :)


Love my day lilies!


Thursday was a "we are going on a trip and I don't want leftovers in the fridge so let's get pizza" day. :)  


I earned a gift card through My Points!  Yay!


Then...have you guessed it?  More softball games Thursday night. :)  Actually, both girls played on fields next to each other so I got to watch both back and forth.

Friday was full of packing and preparing to go!  To leave for a weekend when you have kids and church responsibilities and so forth...I know it is more work to leave than to stay!  It was definitely a non-stop day.  I am very grateful though that my oldest packs entirely for all our girls on trips.  She is definitely a mini-me with her lists and organization!  She's only eleven but she does excellent at helping me in all the household chores.  I went with my husband to get our rental car and then off to a graduation party and to our last softball game. ;)  It was the last tournament game for Autumn.  I have to say even though it is a busy schedule, I will miss spring ball!  


It was a beautiful night and a great game.



Then it was off at 5am to Cali!  The way down was pretty quiet - I think I was a little worn out and mentally tired.  My husband calls it shutting down.  LOL!


We drove straight to Los Angeles and had a wonderful time at the zoo. :)





I have always loved zoos so I loved it!  And I love food - LOL!  We had cheeseburger and fries at the cafe and of course, we HAD to get some kettle corn!  Yum!

 Then it was to our hotel in Palmdale.  
Sunday dawned beautifully in the desert.


I thought this was interesting...a bullet hole in our hotel window?  Hmmm....


Sunday morning, we went to Victory Baptist in Burbank, CA.  The temp was 85 when we left Palmdale and 65 when we got to Burbank.  That is so crazy!  We enjoyed visiting a new church.
 Then we had lunch at this cool little place with our friends - Dave and Danisse - who pastor in NC.  I got the spinach ravioli with pink sauce - delicious!  It was definitely a neat place!
 Due to some technical issues...like a shower head not staying put and falling on your head!  We changed rooms on Sunday.  Ha!  Then off to the evening church service at Lancaster Baptist.  It was a nice ending to the week. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment