Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)



The other day, I was looking for a hair brush in the organizational unit that we have hanging on the bedroom door for all our hair supplies.  I didn't see any in the normal spot where the brushes are always kept.  I asked the girls, "Hey, where are all the brushes at?"

My oldest daughter replied, "They're right there!  I just moved them to the bottom row because Sierra could never reach them at the top."

Critical thinking from an 11 year old.  But that's a different post.  

And there they were!  Same unit, just a different location.  

Did you know God is always with you as a Christian?  He is there just maybe in not the form that we tend to recognize Him in.  Of course, God is there when we go to church on Sundays.  Is that just because that is the location that we EXPECT to see Him in so we recognize Him there?  
What other "locations" do you find God in during the rest of the days of the week?

The first place I like to find God is in the quiet of the day.  My quiet that I spend with the Lord is in the morning. I can't just depend on Sundays to get me through spiritually through my week. Every morning is a time to recharge and to hear God.

The second place I love to find God is in nature.  
Do you see Him in the beauty of a flower?  The promise of a rainbow?  The blessing of a summer rain.  The majesty of a mountain.  Nature is one of the most beautiful ways to see God.


The third place I like to find God is in unique ways He shows me He loves me and is taking care of me.  
This month, I was feeling a little defeated.  It seemed like there were so many "extra" things coming up...car repairs, health expenses, travel expenses.  It felt like I was barely keeping up.  I told the Lord that I needed help and encouragement.  I know how the Lord answers my needs - He just doesn't rain money from the sky into my bank account.  He gives me extra work to provide our needs with the money.  So in two weeks, I had four photo inspection jobs and I was given a second babysitting job.  

How do I find God? I find Him in unique places and situations to me.  Why?  Because He is real to me.

Is He real to you today?  
Today's challenge is to find God in your unique ways and places!  
Look for Him everywhere you go and in everything you do...and you might just see how He was right there all this time. :)  
Same unit - different location.

No comments:

Post a Comment