Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday's Challenge on Posted by Rebekah

Every Friday @ 12:30pm (CST), you can hear a weekly challenge from me on Faith Music Radio.  My podcast is called Posted by Rebekah. You can listen online HERE or download the free app for your smartphone.  I would love for you to join us, listen and take the challenge!
Tune in any time of the day to Faith Music Radio for uplifting Christian music and talk. 

Here is today's podcast in blog post form. :)


The other day, I was outside the back door turning on the water hose to water the lawn.  My youngest daughter always follows me around wherever I go – whatever I am doing.  I hear her on the other side of the door trying to open it to come outside.  Before I could get to the door to open it for her, I see her head poke out the dog door!  I just started laughing – it was so funny to see her coming through the dog door.
Yet I admired her determination.  Wouldn’t it be wonderful in our Christian lives if we had the same determination as that four-year old?  Can you imagine what we could accomplish with God if we were determined?

What are some areas of life that we need determination?

1. Not to quit.  For most of us, we always have an “out”.  “If I run out of money, I’ll just use a credit card.”  “If my marriage doesn’t work out, there is always the divorce option.”  “If this church isn’t the right fit for me, I’ll just leave and find another one.”  May I encourage you to stop having outs planned for every situation of life?  We don’t need outs – we need the strength that comes from the Lord.  “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

2. Not to be status quo.  One thing I have noticed in the last five years of my husband pastoring is the mentality that comes with the word “volunteer”.  We as Americans, we as Christians have it in our minds that if we are not being compensated, we don’t have to work “as hard”, we don’t have to “show up on time”, we don’t have to give “100%”.  You see, we are “just volunteers”.
There’s a song that goes – “A volunteer for Jesus, A soldier true!  Others have enlisted, Why not you?  Jesus is the Captain, We will never fear; Will you be enlisted as a volunteer?”
If Jesus were standing in the flesh as you were doing the job you volunteered for – would it make a difference the time and effort you put in?  I want my driving force to be my love and desire to please my boss – MY SAVIOR.

3. Not to lose our focus.  If you are a Christian, you need to live daily with the end in view!  This will take the focus off of us – and put it on Christ.  What things do I have on my to-do list today?  In what ways are what you have to do – is it in any way impacting eternity?  Or is that just what you do Sundays only?

So today’s challenge is:  In what area of your life do you need more determination? 
 Is it one of the area’s that I mentioned?  Not losing your focus, not being status quo or not quitting?  Maybe it is something else on your heart today that you can say – I need more determination in this area!  Stop right now, pray and ask the Lord to help you in that area.  
Will you take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment