Monday, July 20, 2015

My Week


Monday is always a good day to get a good start on your week.  Many people don't like Mondays but I am partial to them! :)  I spent some time in the morning working on my raised garden beds.  Above is my compost bed and I was able to transfer a lot of soil into my vegetable beds from the compost bin.


I was happy to see little pickling cucumbers on my plant this week!


Then in between regular housework like making the bed, sweeping the floor and loads of laundry, I decided to organize the school books for this year.  I think I thought it was going to be a quick job but it entailed bringing in former boxes of material from the garage, sorting through doubles, repacking materials from last year into boxes.  It did take a good chunk of the morning but it was worth the time.  School time will be here before we know it!



Then, I was out of steam and did not want to go clean the church but I like to do it on Mondays.  My husband works until 8pm so it works out with his schedule and it is nice to have it checked off for the rest of the week!  

And again, I barely started and realized the vacuum was clogged.  I took it all apart and found this.  A bobby pin.  Oh my goodness.  Nothing breaks you down quicker than struggling with a vacuum cleaner every other week!


This little girl though makes me smile even when I am hot, tired and discouraged.  She loves to help and I love her spirit and love.  She helped me mop and boy did she work!


Then for just fun, the girls and I had a bonfire for dinner.  Hot dogs, french fries and of course, s'mores!





I love sitting at the campfire.  No distractions...heart to heart talks...singing.  It's all good stuff. :)


Tuesday was a good day.  The morning was spent on laundry, ironing, housework, watering garden/lawn.  At noon, we got the free lunches at the park then off to piano lessons at 1pm.  Then it was to the beauty school for pedicures and manicures with Grandma Raeanne.  I then took the girls home and my husband enjoyed dinner and fellowship with the Benningers.  BBQ and then delicious dessert at their home.  



Wednesday was busy with some errands and catching up on some odd and ends To-Do's.  We made chicken stir-fry for dinner along with a few loaves of banana bread.  Cooking and baking is something that just makes me feel good.  I enjoy it so much. :)


We had our admin meeting at 4pm and then my shift 11pm-7am that night.  After I got off work at 7am, I decided to knock out a big photo inspection job I had to do.  18 houses.  After taking the photos, I went home and uploaded 400 to Dropbox to finish the job.  Whew!



I then went with my husband to take the Maurer's to the airport...stop at Wal-Mart...then home to visit with Grandma Raeanne.  She had asked to have a small birthday party at our home for the August birthdays so Addie made some delicious chocolate cupcakes.  We had the get-together and then it was back for a second night of 11pm-7am.  

Friday morning, we enjoyed food and fellowship at Peg's with the Benninger's and our visiting special speaker, Pastor Bob Parker and his wife.  We enjoyed it very much!

After the meal, we stopped and I did a second photo inspection job of five houses.  Not too bad. :)


I was looking through the updated version of K-5 curriculum for this year.  I love that they named the reading groups, Candy Bars, Peppermints and Lollipops!  LOL!


And yes, this is me.  Ha!  


After a busy week, I felt like just getting out.  My husband had the men's prayer breakfast so we went to the Goodwill for some shopping. :)


I found a new colander which is bigger than the one I have had since my single days!  LOL!  I also found a new gravy boat to replace the one my dog chewed up.  And a t-ball bat for Summer for this fall.


Always need a stash of binders!  And another file for my hanging folders.


Also a paper towel holder and a serving stand.

 
Then it was lunch at McDonald's and home.  We babysat Reagan at 1:30pm and then it was off with my husband to Lake Tahoe.  He is a wedding officiant and had a wedding to do at 5pm.



The park where it was located was just gorgeous!  The weather was perfect.  It was a beautiful wedding.  And of course, my husband did a great job!  I like being able to go with him and share this part of his life and work with him.



All ready for Sunday!  We upgraded our baptistry.  LOL!


Six folks were baptized this morning - praise the Lord!


We had a special guest speaker - Dr. Bob Parker from Jacksonville, FL for Sunday's services.  He was a wonderful blessing and help to our church family! You can gain much wisdom from a seasoned pastor if you will be willing to open your heart to hear what God says through him. We enjoyed having them very much.


I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment