Thursday, July 2, 2015

My Week


My week last week began with a busy start!  I had 24 houses to take photos for my inspection job.  I have done this many in one week but not in one day.  Whew!  I was nervous to get it all done at one time but it went well.  Then it was some time to upload all the photos to Dropbox.  But I completed the job and was very glad! :)


The week called for very warm weather!  We are having warmer weather than usual for June.


I tried a little different style for my usual shepherd's pie for dinner on Monday.  I used chicken gravy instead of the beef and it was yummy!  

My husband spent his Monday hosting our guest speaker for our anniversary Sunday - Bro. Tefft.  They went hiking up to Eagle Falls and Lake next to Lake Tahoe.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday - Thursday, we were at our Junior Camp.  You can read about those days HERE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday when we got home, we all unpacked and I did all our camp laundry. Even though we were pretty exhausted - especially with the heat - it is always better to get your work done and then relax!

After showers, the girls decided they wanted to do a tea party as well. :)


I thought this was funny - my dog was so hot, he decided to hide out in the bathtub!



It was so warm that the girls and I took a stroll around the neighborhood.  Sunsets are always a great ending to a day!


Friday, after chores, I took the girls to the splash park that we have in the North Valleys.  Well, that didn't last long!  LOL!  They said they were freezing cold so we didn't stay long.  How do you "freeze" at 93 degrees?




When we got home, I cleaned the carpet in Sierra and Summer's bedroom to prepare for our guest.  Then it was off to work for my Friday night shift.

Saturday, we finished preparing and cleaning.  I thought salad sounded refreshing and we haven't had Papa Murphey's pizza in forever - so that is what we prepared for dinner.


While we were waiting for the pizza, a pretty intense storm came up!


As we got closer to home, there was hail all over!


And check out our front step on our deck outside our front door!!


We were actually thrilled - it cooled it down about 30 degrees too.  What a blessing!
Then it was waiting for our guest - Susanna - a missionary to Indonesia who came to present her work.


We enjoyed hosting Miss Susanna in our home for the weekend.  The girls especially loved it!

Can I just throw this in here?  
Do you want to get a heart for missions?  Give to the people who are going there.  How? 

1.  Host a meal in your home with them.  We are always in need of families who would treat a missionary to a meal. 

2.  Host them for a place to stay when they are in your church.  I know, you may feel your home is not fancy enough.  They just need a clean, homey place to stay.  Guess what?  We only have one bathroom.  We don't have a super large home.  But we can still help some.

3.  Make a gift bag of their favorites to give to them when they come.  The girls loved going to Wal-Mart and helping me to look for her favorite snacks and drinks!  The Junior Church also gave her a bag of goodies.

4.  Give monetarily to them.  

I thought this story was funny.  I am in the nursery Sunday nights so I don't see my husband during the service.  Well, after the service, I asked how much was given in the love offering for Susanna.  I then mentioned it to my husband and he says, Well, I put in $____ towards it from my own cash.  I said, I put in $______ as well!  I laughed thinking it was funny that we both gave because we didn't know the other had given.  But even more, I loved that my husband and I both have a burden to give financially and support others in the ministry.  You see, most of the time, we don't even think about it.  If he or I bring up about giving to something, we just do.  It is something that grows as a Christian - you realize that what God has given us is His.  If He wants it to bless someone else, it is His.  Try it sometime...it is amazing what happens to you when you do.


Sunday was a good day.  Susanna spoke in my ladies class - I worked the nursery for that hour.  Our morning worship service with a great sermon in the series - Overboard called "It's Time to Get out of the Boat".  Then meetings and dinner - chicken breasts in gravy, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob.  Singing practices, choir, nursery.  Then home for leftover pizza and Andy Griffith.

No comments:

Post a Comment