Monday, July 27, 2015

My Week


Monday was a pretty normal day in my life. :)  Housework, water lawn and garden, call and schedule a few appointments, order a few things online.

For dinner, we made Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup.  We made a second batch and took it to Josh and Jenny for their dinner.  Sometimes, it is the most wonderful thing to have dinner made for you. :)

My husband got a great deal from the store manager on two coolers and a tent.  Sometimes the employees can buy items that are returned and they can't resell.  A plus for us!


Then it was off for my 11pm-7am shift at my client's home.

Tuesday, I got off from work and went straight to a photo job that was right down the street from my client.  Got home and uploaded them to Dropbox and then we were off again.
 The girls had haircut appointments at the beauty school.  You can't beat $4 when you have four girls.  LOL!




 I have to confess I was very sad about Summer.  Her hair was down to her waist but she wanted it short so I relented.  With a tear in my ear.  LOL!


Lunches at the park at noon, piano lessons at 1pm.
We had some stormy weather in the afternoon.
So, tomato soup and grilled cheese sounded just right for dinner!


Wednesday morning, the girls and I took a walk/hike in a little place down the road from our house.  I enjoy so much mornings and especially out in a nature setting.  The girls loved it too and talked my ear off.  But we had a lot of fun and want to try out somewhere else sometime soon.




 After we got back, I threw in the ingredients to make Ranch Chicken Tacos.  Super easy.

3 large chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch seasoning
1 cup chicken broth

Cook on low for five hours.  Then you just shred it and let the chicken soak in the juices.  Serve on soft tortillas with all toppings.


I got this chicken on sale for $1.39 lb.  Yay!


Then I spent some time doings some recordings for my podcast.  You can listen in to them every Friday @ 12:30pm CST.  I enjoy doing them and I hope you enjoy listening to them!

Then it was our weekly church admin meeting at 4pm.

Thursday, I did errand running around!  LOL!  Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Home Depot, Winco, Office Depot, Marketon, library, bank.
In between the raindrops.


I got the penny deals at Office Depot - yay!  Stocked up on my paper clips - I use a lot for school and they never seem to make it back to me.  1,000 for $2!  Red pens for a new grading year - $.01.


Got some good fruit deals at my Spanish market.  Cherries - $1.29 lb.  Grapefruit - 3 for $1.
Peaches $.50 lb.


And again, grateful for ground beef sale for $1.99 lb.


When we got home, the girls got working on making sandwiches and packing lunches for our trip the next day.  Disclaimer:  They wear goggles when they cut onions.  I don't know if it helps or not!  Ha!


Sierra helped me fry up the ground beef.  Then we just freeze until we need a lb. for a recipe for dinner.  A little more work at once but makes it super nice down the road for many meals!



Don't you just love the quiet after a library day? :)


Summer does lend to beautiful skies. :)  Then it was off to my Thursday shift 11pm-7am.

Friday was our annual Six Flags trip.  The girls participate in a home school reading program where they earn a ticket to Six Flags.  


I will be honest - I am not a theme park person.  I don't like crowds.  I get sick on rides.  I enjoy quiet vacations - away from the hustle and bustle.  But I do this for my kids.  They had a super day and it was fun to see them enjoy themselves.



My favorite part was the dolphin show.  So fun!


To save money, we packed our lunches and snacks and ate in the van.  On the way home, we stopped and enjoyed Chic Fil A.  We don't have one in Reno.  Mmm!  We made it home about 11:45pm.  Zzz.

Saturday, we had Community Outreach for our church family.  At 1pm, the girls and I went to the baby shower for Jenny.  





It's a boy!

Then I planted some flowers, watered lawn and garden, loaded the dishwasher, made my To Do list for next week.  I did get a few green beans from my plants.  Just not doing too well this year.


Sunday was a good day serving at SVBC. :) The spirit and attendance was good.  For lunch, one of our young men gave us a gift card to Chili's to use for a family meal.  We very much appreciate that!  Also, another couple took my husband and I for sushi to thank us for doing their wedding.  Yum!  We appreciate all the folks who contribute to the ministry of Sierra View - it takes teamwork to make the dream work! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this♡ always enjoy all the ways you save money and the fun with the girls and others♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry..forgot to put my name. Nancy musser

    ReplyDelete