Friday, February 6, 2015

A Simple Way to Track Your Money Goals

Are you trying to pay off a debt in 2015?  Maybe you are saving for a special vacation or item?  Maybe you are working on your next Christmas fund?  It is important to keep goals in front of you.  


Goals, no matter how big or small, still need a plan of action.  
Let me share my simplistic way that I track my goal and plan.  
We are saving for a special Christmas fund.  I decided what income would be designated to this fund.  Than I wrote down how much that income would be and the date it would come in.  

This serves two purposes.  
One:  It reminds me on that date to set that money aside or if you are paying off a debt - to make a payment.
Two:  It allows me something to check off therefore motivating me to do it again!

Example:

Christmas Fund 2015
Goal:  $1,000.00

Starting amount:  $50.00

Month of February
2/5 - Check - $160.00
2/25 - Check - $160.00
2/25 - Check - $275.00
2/28 - Check - $50.00

Total:  $695.00
Remaining needed for goal:  $305.00

Managing money and reaching goals does not have to hard.  It just takes a plan and working that plan.  :)
PS.  This is perfect for children and teens too!

*We did this and paid off our van loan, a credit card and saved a Christmas fund.*

No comments:

Post a Comment