Saturday, February 21, 2015

What an Overdue Book Teaches Me

Yesterday, I took the girls to the library.  We talked to the librarian asking about a movie that was recorded overdue on Addie's account.  The librarian was able to find the movie on the shelf and take the charge off our account.


That actually happens quite often.  I could charge into the library and tell them off.  "Why can't you get it right?"  What would that accomplish?  Nothing.  I know they will find the item and make it right.  With a sweet spirit. What does making my point with them help?

My husband and I had a situation like that this week.  It was not pleasant.  We were yelled at, cursed at and called names...because of a situation that simply had a misunderstanding in the communication between each other.

I think about relationships in churches.  It can be easy to assume...judge...miscommunicate...and misunderstand.
 I urge you to take the time to communicate...understand the other side...don't jump to conclusions...and most of all, be kind.  
So many situations can be worked out between the two people involved.  Without any drama...hard feelings...anger...and broken relationships.

Next time you encounter a situation, communicate in love.  It makes all the difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment