Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Book Recommendation: Unfaithful - Hope and Healing After Infidelity

Today, I would like to recommend highly the book - Unfaithful - Hope and Healing After Infidelity 
by Gary and Mona Shriver.



I love how the authors are willing to share their story with the reader.  You can truly grasp what they felt through their words.  They share great Biblical help on recovering from infidelity.  

I gained two points from reading a book such as this...

1.  I vowed to make my personal marriage stronger.  I have not gone through what this couple has.  I don't need to.  Just reading about it inspired me to not choose the same path - not make the same mistakes - and how to make right choices.  

2.  I feel it was a great help to me as a pastor's wife to be able to fully understand, comprehend and now better help those who may come to me with this same situation.  Many times, we not only feel inadequate in counseling those in infidelity - we are inadequate.  Resources such as this book can help us to better help those in our ministries.

If you are married, read this book.

If you have been involved in an affair, had a spouse in an affair, or know someone that has had an affair - read this book.  YOU need help.  You can find the source here.

If you are a ministry leader of any sorts or do any Christian counseling, read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment