Monday, February 9, 2015

My Week

I hope you all had a great week last week!  We had a wonderful Sunday at Sierra View.  

First, I actually was able to sit in a class for the first time in a very long time. :)  Usually I am teaching or working in a children's ministry or nursery.  Our music pastor, Bro. Josh is teaching all the adults the month of February - a class called Foundations 301.  This class is solely focused on ministry.  I enjoyed being taught to...(I do miss teaching my ladies class though!)


My husband preached his second sermon on marriage in our series "Lovestruck".  Great help!  I encourage you to listen to these sermons online at our church website.  Here is the link to last week's sermon - "For Love of the Game".  

One of the highlights of ministry for me is the music ministry.  This morning, our group, Josh, Jenny, David and me along with my daughters, Addie and Autumn sang - By His Love.  Absolutely beautiful song!  I forgot to have someone record it (maybe we can sing it again, Josh! :) but here is the same version like we sing.  I think it will inspire you this week as you listen to it...By Our Love.  

We enjoyed a very rainy day here in Reno!  To some of you, that may sound awful.  For those of us who live in the desert, it is awesome! :)  We desperately need the precipitation and who doesn't enjoy the sound of rain on the roof?  Growing up, we had a tin roof.  You have truly never enjoyed rain on the roof until you heard rain on a tin roof.  A very enjoyable childhood memory!

My daughter is sick again.  We seem to not be able to kick these awful cold germs around this house. So I am home Sunday night while the service goes on.  

This week is a busy one!  Belle gets to go to the groomer tomorrow.  Poor thing is looking pretty mangy! :)  Clean the church, piano lessons, babysitting, hosting a dinner Thursday night and then ending the week with a mini couples retreat for our church couples.  

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment