Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Book Recommendation: Walking from East to West

I thought I would share a book recommendation with you today.  I had previously mentioned this book and wanted to encourage you to read it too!


This book is the journey of Ravi Zacharias - now renowned speaker worldwide.  It tells of his childhood years - the struggles with his father, his insecurities that led to attempted suicide, life in India and how God led him to where he is today.  

Ravi has a truly remarkable and amazing life story.  It has led to an incredible worldwide ministry Ravi Zacharias International Ministries and his radio broadcast - Let My People Think.

I think you will enjoy this book as it gives insight on such a different culture than ours here in America.  You will get goosebumps as you see God tie the loose ends of his falling apart life into a beautiful masterpiece for His glory.  

“I thank the Lord that, even though things were so wrong in my life here, I finally was brought to the realization of what all those struggles were about. There are some wonderful things from your painful past, things with a beauty you may not have realized at the time.” 

“Sometimes in the shadows of one’s self lie the problems, and in the shadows of one’s shaping lie the answers.”

“Often we are not aware of how close we are to that which we need but we think we do not have. In His grace, God has placed some hidden gold somewhere in all of us that meets our need at a desperate moment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment