Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The One Reason We Should Never Speak Against a Church

I work in the home health care industry.  I travel to homes where they need home health care.  Therefore, I have had numerous clients.  All from different backgrounds, different walks of life...and yes, different religions.  Many times I have had the opportunity to talk about my relationship with the Lord and they have shared their relationship as well.  All people that I have ever worked for...have not attended my personal church.  None.



A few times, I have talked with some that may have had bad experiences with another church.  Some love their church.  They all want to share their thoughts and opinions on church.  

I love it.  I LOVE sharing with people on the subject of Christ and what He died for...His church.  They are the loves that I have dedicated my life to.  

Guess what?  Christ died for churches not like mine.  
Some Christians don't want to admit that.  They don't want to believe that.  In doing so, they will talk negatively about churches that are different than theirs.  Possibly different music style.  Possibly different version of the Bible.  Possibly different dress standards by the pastor's wife.  

Let me ask you a question:  Do those churches preach the gospel of Jesus Christ?  

If the answer is yes...

What is the one reason we should never speak negatively against a church?  

YOU COULD BE THE REASON SOMEONE DOES NOT GET SAVED.
How?  You could influence someone to not visit that church.  And perhaps that person will not hear the gospel of Jesus Christ now.  
You have set a bad taste in that person's mouth of an institution that YOUR SAVIOR DIED FOR. 
Hard to swallow?  Yes, He died for the church with the rock band.  Yes, He died for the church with the women in pants.  Yes, He died for the church who uses the ESV Bible.  

Let me encourage you...

1.  If you leave a church for ANY reason, do not state that reason to ANYONE unless it is based upon Biblical doctrinal reasons.  (Ex.  They do not believe salvation.) You will only cause distaste for that church and its people in the mind of others.  You will be tainting their opinions based on your opinion.

2.  If you do hear ANYTHING negative against a church and you feel you truly need the truth on the situation, call the people directly involved in the situation.  
Call the pastor.  I am married to one.  Believe me, they will be overjoyed that someone took the time to hear the truth from the "horse's mouth."
If you do not take time to talk to the people it involves, you are saying to others that you simply want to gossip and find fault...you don't really love the people involved.

3.  Remember that behind that church name...are a lot of Christians.  Your brothers and sisters in Christ.  Your spiritual family.  You don't have to go to my church to be my brother or sister.  
And every negative comment that you speak against the church...is really against the people.  
People who you can hurt with what you say.  A pastor who you can discourage...possibly even out of the ministry...with your negative words.  Pastor's wives who will want to quit.  All because another Christian said a negative comment.

I beg you...don't speak against a church.  
It may cause eternal ripples.
Thank you for listening to a pastor's wife's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment