Saturday, March 13, 2021

Recipe: Paula Deen's Crockpot Mac and Cheese

Paula Deen's Crockpot Mac and Cheese

THIS recipe is my go-to for mac and cheese!  I have made it dozens and dozens of times for company.  I always double the recipe because we will eat that much. :)  

It's my keeper mac and cheese recipe and let's just say - my kids won't eat even Kraft mac and cheese anymore.  We want the good stuff. :)

Ingredients:

2 cups uncooked medium shells pasta (When I double the recipe, I use one 16 oz. box of shells)

4 tablespoons butter/margarine

2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (Try 1/2 pepperjack for a little bite - it's soo good!)

3 eggs (optional)

1/2 cup sour cream

1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup whole milk

1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Instructions:

Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes. Drain.

In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.

In slow cooker, combine cheese mixture and add the eggs (I omitted the eggs), sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. Add the drained macaroni and stir again.

Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment