Tuesday, March 9, 2021

February Showers Bring March Flowers

A new week - March is here.  Spring will be arriving soon - it appears spring-like here in Oregon very early.  Our flowers begin blooming in January and the grass is very green.  People are mowing their lawns already too.


We are getting close to finishing up the third quarter of the school year.  Yay!


Summer had a couple oral reports - one on space and one on birds.  Hey, when you home school, you can give reports on your roller skates.  Ha!


Free Mountain Dew Baja Blast Freeze from Taco Bell for my birthday.


Thankfully, we are getting more nice days...and less rain!  61 degrees and sunshine Monday. :)


I made lime chicken fajitas for dinner on Monday.

Tuesday began with a dentist appointment at Smile Keepers in Newberg for Addie at 8:40am.
Then grocery shopping and a few errands with Summer.
School and housework.
For dinner, I made a new recipe for me - Easy Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup with Turkey Reubens.  I will share those recipes coming up this week.


I am enjoying my girls attending another youth group.  They attend youth group with their cousins at their church - Timberline Baptist Church on Thursday evenings.  They also are attending their groups at our church.  Addie and Autumn go to the high school group on Sunday evenings at 6:30pm.  Sierra goes to middle school group on Tuesdays at 6:30pm.  This is her walking to her group Tuesday.  You can see our church's parking lot from our bathroom window so it is wonderful to be so close!



On Wednesday, Addie and Autumn had eye doctor appointments.  We are having a lot of appointments this month and next getting set up with new doctors.  The girls are going to Newberg Family Eye Care.  The optometrist was very kind and genuine and very interactive with the girls and us.  I really like this new office.


Eye care offices are so cozy - I love them!


Of course, regular school days this week.
For dinner, I made Beefy Jalapeno Corn Bake.

Thursday, it was eye appointments for Sierra and Summer at 8am at Newberg Family Eye Care.  The girls and I are now done with our eye appointments for the year.  Now, just wait for contacts and glasses to arrive for pickup. :)
Then piano lessons for them with my sister.


After school, Summer and I had a little picnic down at the cemetery where we go walking. :)


For dinner, I made two quiches - Roadside Diner Cheeseburger Quiche and a Denver omelet-style quiche.
I then dropped the girls off at Awana and Youth Group with their cousins.

Friday, the weather was back to rainy and yucky.  I worked on a lot of school - nice not to have any appointments.


I made marinated chicken legs and crockpot mac and cheese for dinner.  It's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment