Sunday, October 29, 2023

Tuesday...First Day Gone

Tuesday, October 17
A really hard day.


Jack seemed to know how much I was hurting.  He rubbed up on me giving me love.


The girls didn't want to sleep alone.  I found them all sleeping in Autumn's room Tuesday morning.



The spot where Max died - the morning after.


This was the room where he left this earth.


Jackson sensed my grief and gave me lots of love Tuesday morning.


Max's body Tuesday morning.  Wrapped up lifeless.


This picture.  Max's lifeless body in the background and Jackson curled on my lap giving me so much love.  Pets truly are a gift from God.  


"I love you, Mom.  Don't be sad."





We contacted a local family-owned pet crematorium and made an appointment to drop off Max's body to be cremated.  We buried Belle in Ohio and Figgie in Oregon.  Eric said that he felt so bad for having to leave them behind.  He wanted to cremate Max so he would never be left behind.
The girls and I put Max into the car to take him in.


I just had to take one last photo of his paws.  It is so hard to say goodbye.  Even though it was just the shell and he was no longer living, to let go of the body was so difficult.


The girls and I left his body and went home.


I just looked down at his food and water bowls.  His food never got finished from Monday.



We didn't do school on Tuesday.  Eric had a test and things to complete for work so he was gone in the morning.  The girls spent time together and they needed that.
One thing I did was take a walk.  I brought Max's leash and held it tight in my hand.  It was one of the most alone feelings I have experienced.  For years, when I went on a walk, Max was always with me.  I felt so alone walking by myself and him not there.  Florida has felt a little lonely and now even more so.


Chilly night in Florida.
Goodbye, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment