Wednesday, October 4, 2023

What Are You Doing To Help?

Monday, October 2

School - Day 33.  Still feeling a little on slow mo for the majority of the day.  I woke up at 4am with a migraine.  I threw up and took some Excedrin migraine and was able to go back to bed for a little while.  The migraine subsided but came back full force around 10am.  It was just a tough go.

One main thing I had to get done was to contact Friends of Felines Rescue Center.  I am trying to help my mom get appointments and help to get the feral community cats she feeds spayed and neutered.  She has a mama cat with two babies as well as an older kitten.  We do not need any more litters - the babies are on the streets and have no care.  It is also so hard on females with these pregnancies.  My goal is to do all I can to help and stop the cycle.  

You may say that one person can't make a difference.  But you can!  I can't help every animal I see but I can do what I can in my circle and life.  In Oregon, I was able to TNR (Trap, Spay/Neuter, Release) four animals.  One kitten that we found abandoned - Fig.  We ended up keeping her as our pet and had her one year until she suddenly took sick and passed away.  Two feral cats - Brownie and Mama Callie - who I fed on a regular basis.  Brownie lived under our home and was really my sweet boy.  And Captain Jack - who was a stray (I believe was abandoned by a previous owner) and I fed as well.  When we had his surgery done, he adopted us and the rest is history.  He is our sweet boy that is now ours.  


Fig


Brownie and Mama Callie

All that to say, do things for those who can't do anything for you.  

They are helpless and we have the ability to help.  So, I was able to make appointments for three of Mom's cats - the mama cat, Brownie, and her two kittens, Tiger and Blackie.  Once we get them done, I want to get the other older kitten done, Pinky, and hopefully another tuxedo cat - who I think may be the father.  Yes, it takes work and money.  But please know it is important and it is worth it!  If we all can do our part, we can end the cycle and homeless pets!

I put dinner in the crockpot trying a new recipe called crockpot chicken and rice.  The family didn't care for it so I won't use that recipe again.  Oh well!  After Eric got home, I went to Wal-Mart and did my weekly grocery shopping.



Captain Jack



So sleepy.

Tuesday, October 3

School - Day 34.  Still having trouble with headaches.  Eric worked from home.  I drove him to the chiropractic because he is still having major pain.  I am praying that God gives healing for his back issues.

The girls and I did the mowing and trimming for the lawn for the week.  Then after school, I taught Summer how to make an apple pie.  I showed her how to make pie crust and did the bottom crust.  I then let her do the top crust by herself.  I peeled and sliced the apples and she made the mixture to mix in the apples.  We had a good time and it was nice to do some fall baking!  It even rained while we were making the pie which was fun.















Then I made dinner - lemon butter garlic shrimp with angel hair pasta, broccoli and breadsticks.  Then it was more dishes - does it end?  LOL!  Summer and I then was reading about making sourdough bread and watched one of the blogger's videos.  Then we fed my sourdough starter - day 6.  Tomorrow is day 7 and I should be able to start making things with it.  Can't wait!  And hey, I went to bed with a clean kitchen so another plus to the day.














No comments:

Post a Comment