Monday, October 9, 2023

A Gorgeous Fall Weekend in Florida

Saturday, October 7

It was a nice day to just stay home.  Sometimes on Saturdays, we will go do a family activity.  Other times, we just have a slow day.  Eric and Autumn both have long commutes for their job and after a full week of work, they just want to be at home.  Autumn worked in her room on her sewing project and watched I Love Lucy.  Eric went to the gym and while he was gone, I cleaned, swept, and did the dishes.

From 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., there was a mobile vet clinic down the road from our house.  This worked out perfectly because Jackson's rabies shot was coming due.  I was able to take him and get him his vaccines for the year and his county tag.  I'm glad to get that done.  He is a healthy boy weighing 13 lbs.

In the afternoon, we went to Wendy's and got pumpkin spice frosties.  They are pretty good - you can sense nutmeg in them which gives you a little hint of eggnog flavor.





I worked on little things.  Paying bills.  Looking over the paperwork for the girls' school scholarship.  Checking email.  Making my menu for next week.  Filling out my planner.  I made gnocchi, sausage, and spinach soup for dinner.  I then walked Max and the girls cleaned the kitchen for the evening.






A few pics from the college kid.
Elmo in a sweatshirt and Addie and her boyfriend, Brad


Sunday, October 8

We went to church Sunday morning.  After church, I made taco pasta salad for lunch.  It was an amazing day weatherwise!  A gorgeous fall day!!  It fell into the 50s during the night and got into the 70's for the day.  It was just right to enjoy the sunshine once again and don a comfy sweater.


In the evening, I went to our church's Sunday Seminar that was held from 5 to 6:30pm.  It was so good to learn how to speak on this culture that has taken over the world regarding gender, sexuality, and identity.

When I got home, I walked Max and talked to my sister for about an hour.

How was your October weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment