Sunday, January 12, 2014

Devotional: "Thou My Best Thought"



Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

This past Sunday, we had Vision Sunday.  This hymn is our Chorus of the Month for January.  

This week, I was at the church building doing some preparations with my husband for Sunday...and as I was practicing this song...those words just struck my heart.

"Thou my best Thought, by day or by night".

Goosebumps.  Of all that I constantly have on my mind in one single day...
Housework...Home school...Office work...Church responsibilities...Family...Work

My BEST thought always should be Christ.  I can have no other BEST thought.  

I pray that on this Lord's day...that Christ will be YOUR BEST THOUGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment