Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tips For Organizing Your Home - Part 2

Another guest post from Mrs. Jenny Musser on Organizing Tips for Your Home.


My kitchen is on the smaller side and I only have 5 drawers to put silverware, utensils, dishtowels and all those random things you use once a year, like a turkey baster, funnel, egg slicer-do I even need an egg slicer, probably not!  


But there are so many little things in my kitchen that need a place to go.  


This organizing tip is similar to my last one and maybe you already do this, but I hope this will be a help to those of you who are looking to get organized.  I picked up these plastic containers at the dollar store and they fit perfectly in my top cabinets
I use mine for sippy cups, measuring spoons/cups, and they are great for all the plastic lids.  

Also, it is a good idea to go through your plastic food containers and lids every couple of months, you will find that you don't always have the lid or your husband used the container to drain the oil out of the car! :)  

*I like the idea of creating a container just for baking items.  This includes all tsp, tbsp, measuring cups, pastry blender, etc.  So when you are mixing up a recipe, you are not stuck digging for that 1/2 tsp!  Simply grab that container and you are ready to go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment