Monday, January 27, 2014

How To Reuse a Parmesan Cheese Lid

Did you know that the lids to the Parmesan cheese containers will fit on a mason glass jar?


Amazing!  What an awesome idea to reuse a simple and free household product that you would simply have thrown in the garbage or recycling bin.  


Think of the possibilities you could utilize this for now!  

A few I thought of to use personally:

The crumb coating for fish fillets
(My husband and I eat a lot of fish and I always have this half used bag of crumb coating.  :/)
The powered sugar/cinnamon mix that my kids like to put on buttered toast
(We currently keep it in a plastic container with a spoon - what a mess!  And what a problem this will solve!)
My homemade Cajun seasoning!
(Perfect!)
Rice
Instant mashed potato flakes 
(Especially if you keep them on hand to thicken soups)
Italian bread crumbs


You can use mayo lids as well to top off your mason jars for other items.

So let's say the possibilities are endless with the mason jars. :)

So get organizing!  What would you use this idea for?

No comments:

Post a Comment