Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tips For Organizing Your Home-Part 1

On Thursdays, I will feature special guest authors.  I am very excited to share these ladies' talents and expertise with you!

Today's guest author is Mrs. Jenny Musser.  Jenny is the wife of Bro. Josh Musser and stay-at-home mom of Reagan-age 1.  They live in Reno, NV.  Beginning in February, they will oversee the music ministry at SVBC.


I asked a few young ladies, ages 8-11, at church what their favorite thing to do for fun was.  Some of their answers were playing on the Wii, watching movies and riding bikes in the summer. 
If you had asked me that question when I was their age, I would have said organizing!  
I would go around the house and find shoe boxes, baskets and anything I could use to organize my room with.  I love having an organized home.  It has saved me time when looking for something and money because I'm not buying multiple items of the same thing because I can't find it.

This is the time of year when we resolve to clean-out, de-clutter and re-organize and Rebekah has asked me 
to share some of my favorite ways to get organized!  

My first tip is for all that bakeware that falls out of your cabinet when you open the door!  
I have tried organizers made especially for this, but they didn't work for me.  So, I decided to re-organize!  I love to organize with baskets and a great place to find them is Ross, Burlington and Home Goods, I'm always checking the clearance section of these stores for them. 
I had some baskets that I wasn't using so I decided to try them and I was so happy with how they worked. 


I don't have to take the entire stack out of the cabinet to get to the one I need to use.  
Make sure you measure the inside of your cabinets before you go shopping so they fit! 


Even my daughter, Reagan, has her own basket for her bakeware. :)

Stay tuned next week for another organizing tip from Jenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment