Monday, January 25, 2021

Beautiful weekend with friends

Thursday - just plowing through the week.  Thursday just was an off day.  Weather was overcast and cold.  No motivation.  Just quite depressing.  Sometimes you need to fill your tank and honestly, there's not anything to fill it with.  I just need some sunshine!  And a change in pace.  And normal things to open up like gyms and restaurants and fun stuff.

For dinner, we had cheddar smoked sausages, ranch pasta salad and baked beans.

We had a few nice days the end of the week.  Friday, feeling better thankfully!  I didn't need another down day like Thursday!  I spent the morning cleaning and cleaning.  Moving around a few things.  Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming.  Laundry.  Bathrooms.


Just seeing the sunrise brightens your morning and gives you a pep in your step.


And those Bernie memes gave a smile on my face all day!  Ha!!


For a treat and something fun, I got us all Happy Meals for lunch.  I mean - $1.50 each?  Cheap and fun!


In the afternoon, I went to visit my sister and we sat outside on the front porch soaking up that sunshine!  It was only 48 degrees but felt so nice!  Max got a lot of exercise and it helped so much to boost my spirit.



When the hubby got home, we went on a late date.  There is no indoor dining - so tired of that!  So we ordered food and ate in our car.  I can't wait to sit in a restaurant again and feel normal.  
We went to a place called Killer Burger.  I tried an interesting combo - it had a peanut butter sauce on it.  It was ok - probably wouldn't try it again.  It was a little more on the sweet side and I prefer savory.



My three oldest daughters and my niece and nephew got to go out Saturday and have a day to themselves.  They went hiking, to Target and to Chick-Fil-A.  I'm so glad they are making some fun memories together!

And the weather was great Saturday too!  I was at home cleaning and cooking for company.  I do hope to get out next weekend!


We had friends visit from Reno Saturday evening and Sunday.  Lee and Felicia Hill and their two daughters, Olivia and Moriah.  They dropped off a puppy in Bend, OR and was taking a puppy to her sister's in Illinois so they made a stop to visit us and also to fly out of Portland.  It was nice to have old friends visit and to catch up.  And the puppy, Penny, was so fun to have!

I made parmesan chicken, cheesy hash brown casserole, corn and Red Lobster biscuits for dinner.  Along with sweet tea and cheesecake for dessert.



Puppy cuddles are the best! 
For lunch, I made Mississippi roast - put on sub buns with cheddar and provolone cheese slices.  We also had crockpot mac and cheese and Caesar salad.  Of course, sweet tea and we finished with brownie sundaes. :)

We left at 4:30pm to take our friends to the airport and do an errand for my husband's job.  Here's to a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment